[REQ] One track button

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Kap1A

[REQ] One track button

Post by Kap1A »

What about a one track button for creating a playlist?

It's an idea what came to me this morning. I have over 15000 tracks, some are brilliant, some are good but not 5 stars. So I made a new playlist to be fueled with the most important tracks (for me, my family has another opinion of that...).

So when I listen to randomly music, I have to choose one of my playlist first and when a good track comes in the random playlist I can hit the "like" button on the now playing screen and it's added automatically to the chosen playlist. That would be great. :D
MMA 2.0.0.1174 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Peke

Re: [REQ] One track button

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Isn't that why Ratings are made for?

Unfortunately, custom scripted actions are not yet available in MMA and MMA UI still do not allow customization of that kind, nor Shortcuts are customizable. This is mostly due the Android OS organization and limited customization available for developers. Lastly, I only see this available thru some sort of Externall remote application that can execute complex MMA commands in Scripting matter eg. Custom Command that will execute ⋮ -> Add to Playlist -> Select playlist -> Add track last which unfortunately require complete MMA API Rewrite :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
rusty

Post by rusty »

Re. ratings, the way this works is that you rate a track e.g. 5 stars.

Then, in Music > Ratings you can choose to only show tracks with 5 star ratings.

-Rusty
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Rating is one possibility. Playlists as I mentioned could be more faster created on my music music devices.
For example:
1. Playlist: Ultimate Hits
2. Playlist weird Tracks

I agree, 1. could be 4 or5 stars (I give this very rare to a track)
But for 2., it could be 2-4 stars (in my opinion).

I thought about a faster way of filling my own playlist on-the-fly.

But as you said, it might be too complicated to program. So it was only an idea.
MMA 2.0.0.1174 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
rusty

Post by rusty »

We definitely plan on adding support for auto-playlists (smart playlists) in the future. That would let you create a playlist such as Genre=Rock, Rating = 2-4 stars.

-Rusty