Different Look To MMA ?

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

Clevelandkid

Different Look To MMA ?

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hello All,

Today, a strange thing happened, and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I opened my Media Monkey on my Android phone, to search for a particular artist in my music library, and to my surprise it looked completely different. It showed a Black and Orange background instead of the usual white background and was stating that it needed access to the MediaMonkey settings folder.

It also asked me to grant access to proceed to either Internal or SD card storage.
My question is, is this caused by an automatic update to the app and is it okay to grant access without adversely affecting my music library?
I should tell you that in my case, I sync my android phone that is using MMA with my Windows 7 Pro desktop that is using MMW.
I definitely don't want to delete or duplicate anything currently in my Library on my next sync.

Thank you for your response.

Best regards,
CK
Lowlander

Re: Different Look To MMA ?

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, MMA has been automatically updated (per app store preferences) from MMA 1 to MMA 2. Yes, granted access won't affect the current library of files in MMA.
Clevelandkid

Post by Clevelandkid »

Okay, thanks !
Regards
CK
Clevelandkid

Media Monkey Needs Access ?

Post by Clevelandkid »

Hi ,

Today, my Wife opened her Media. Monkey App on her phone and to her surprise, a screen opened that said "Welcome to Media Monkey" and that Media Monkey needs access to media folders.
It asked to please grant access to files (playlists, Video, Movies and Music) in her internal storage and SD card.

It also said that if access wasn't granted to the requested folders, Media Monkey will instead sync content to a "Media Monkey -specific folder that is inaccessible to other music players"?

I assume that this is legitimately from Media Monkey and imagine that this will appear on my phone shortly as well.
Before I make any decisions, on if, and what, to grant and what not to grant, could it please be explained as to what this is exactly asking?
We only use Media Monkey for our music files at this time.

As always, thank you and best regards,
CK
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Android is quite restrictive when it comes to accessing storage, thus Apps need specific permissions to do so.