What's New In Version 2

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

sixties

Re: What's New In Version 2

Post by sixties »

I prefer the way album covers were displayed in the previous version. It's a shame that album details overwrite the bottom of the cover. Other than this I'm so far enjoying version 2.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Hello.
Im a long time MM user and recently got the 2.0 update. Im still getting used to it, was a bit shocked at first but im slowly finding my way.

Not sure if this is the right place to post but
2 things i noticed and am not happy about but maybe im doing something wrong.

1. When i do a search and start to play a track and press Shuffle i can't find where the shuffled queue is. Under Queue it still shows the result in the original order. Im pretty sure the previous version showed the shuffled queue.

2. The back button control (<) doesn't start a track from the beginning anymore but skips to the previous track. This is very annoying and not common behavior for a music player. The previous version did restart a track.
When i control MMA with my smartwatch or from the lockscreen it does restart a track, skipping to previous requires another press.
TheEmpathicEar

Post by TheEmpathicEar »

You can go to the beginning of a track by using the "Progress" bar?
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Yes, using the progress bar is possible but not very convenient imo. If you have thick fingers an a cover with a thicker edge you can't always get to zero.

Why was it changed? It worked perfectly fine as it was.
rednoise

Post by rednoise »

Driftmoon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:49 pm 2. The back button control (<) doesn't start a track from the beginning anymore but skips to the previous track. This is very annoying and not common behavior for a music player. The previous version did restart a track.
When i control MMA with my smartwatch or from the lockscreen it does restart a track, skipping to previous requires another press.
Not quite. It seems that if you are close to the beginning of the track and you press the Back button, it goes to the previous track, but if you are a little farther into the track, the Back button takes you to the beginning of that track as it always used to. At least, that's how it behaves on my Pixel phone.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

rednoise wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 6:13 pm
Driftmoon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:49 pm 2. The back button control (<) doesn't start a track from the beginning anymore but skips to the previous track. This is very annoying and not common behavior for a music player. The previous version did restart a track.
Not quite. It seems that if you are close to the beginning of the track and you press the Back button, it goes to the previous track, but if you are a little farther into the track, the Back button takes you to the beginning of that track as it always used to. At least, that's how it behaves on my Pixel phone.
I have a Samsung galaxy A52 and it doesn't matter where in the track i am, it always goes to the previous one.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Does anyone have an answer as to where to find the shuffled queue? It's very annoying not to be able to see which tracks are coming on next.
rednoise

Post by rednoise »

Driftmoon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:49 pm 1. When i do a search and start to play a track and press Shuffle i can't find where the shuffled queue is. Under Queue it still shows the result in the original order. Im pretty sure the previous version showed the shuffled queue.
I'm looking at my old Motorola Moto x4 phone with MMA 1.4.3.0950 . It shows the queue the same whether it's in shuffle mode or not. I don't remember it behaving any differently.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I have Moto x4 and MMA2 looks completely different in player mode, queue is much better.
FYI for now Shuffled order views is still in experimenting phase for MM5.1 an donce agreed on implementation MMA2.x should get sam eis user wants it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

rednoise wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 6:18 pm
Driftmoon wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:49 pm 1. When i do a search and start to play a track and press Shuffle i can't find where the shuffled queue is. Under Queue it still shows the result in the original order. Im pretty sure the previous version showed the shuffled queue.
I'm looking at my old Motorola Moto x4 phone with MMA 1.4.3.0950 . It shows the queue the same whether it's in shuffle mode or not. I don't remember it behaving any differently.
I know for sure that there was a way i could see the shuffled playing list somewhere.
I've tested it by going to Music > Tracks and start playback in shuffled mode and then that queue does show the shuffled order (so the whole library gets shuffled).
The strange thing is though, when you go to the next track it doesn't actually play the next track in the queue list but it just plays something totally different. Then what is the point of the shuffled library queue if it doesn't follow that order?

Something is completely off with shuffle in MMA2. Is there a way to rollback to the previous version?

This shows the first track playing and the queue under.
This one starts playing when i press next:

- Edit: i don't know how to post the images so they are actually showing. They are in my Google Drive folder.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

One other question.

I am thinking of purchasing a license for MMA Pro but i wondered if it is then capable to create an auto-playlist in MMA itself? I want to create a "Recently added playlist like MMW already has. I don't use MMW to sync music so i would need MMA to create it by itself.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Not ATM, it is planned feature for MMA2.x as we want to unify user experience across platforms, but unfortunately it is implemented yet :(
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Oke thanks for your reply. Would be nice if it will be possible in the future.

Another question i have about the new MMA version.

How do you completly clear the current queue/now playing list?
And how do you play just 1 track without the whole library or all the search results being added to the queue? So after playing that track it stops.
And am i right when i say that the Now playing list has been replaced by this Queue? It used to be possible to add just one track to the now playing list and build from there by adding other tracks from the library.

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

To clear, select a file, tap select all and then 3 dots to Remove from playing queue. To add one file, just select one file, then 3 dots to use one of the use one of the Play options.
Driftmoon

Post by Driftmoon »

Thanks, for some reason i didn't get that to work this morning but now i managed.