Is debug viewer program still needed for MM5 2690? Conversion bug doesn't cause crash

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Not_tech_savy

Is debug viewer program still needed for MM5 2690? Conversion bug doesn't cause crash

Post by Not_tech_savy »

That weird conversion on sync, issue is happening again when I sync MMA2 to and from MM5. I've reported a few times but it was always after I let it do whatever. This time I stopped the sync in time and it still wants to convert around 3,000 songs. It doesn't crash either device so I'm not sure if, send debug, would even flag my problem as a bug.

It doesn't tell me why the songs need to convert, which end is converting or receiving the files. As far as I can tell it's not creating any kind of duplicate on either device. It just makes transferring 30 songs from MM5 to MMA2 take hours instead of seconds.
- I've disabled the convert options in sync phone tab
- happens for Wi-Fi and cable sync
- Only add songs to phone with MM5
- basically just transfer metadata from MMA2 to MM5, changed ratings, play counts etc...
- phone = S23 Ultra, MMA2 1073, MM5 2690
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more
Lowlander

Re: Is debug viewer program still needed for MM5 2690? Conversion bug doesn't cause crash

Post by Lowlander »

DebugView captures everything happening, crashes are not needed. So it will capture this issue as well.