Auto-tag tracks out of order [#19936]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Rob_S

Re: Auto-tag tracks out of order

Post by Rob_S »

There has not been much activity on any topics last couple of days. Maybe Easter holiday, or something.

Or maybe everyone is hoping somebody else might know something :)
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

Anyone?

Did I really pay for the Gold version of this application only to get no answer to a simple question like this?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No, Auto-Tag does not sort, nor provide sorting options. It uses the same sort of the selected files in MediaMonkey itself. So if selected files aren't sorted on Track#, it won't show sorted in Auto-Tag.

Sorting on Album or Track# in the main window should get you the desired sort in Auto-Tag too.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Autotag does not respect main window sort order for me.

http://rone.ca/dlfiles/Autotag%20sort%20Capture.JPG

It would certainly make sense to me that it should be able to display tracks by track number when one is autotagging an album, more difficult particularly if the track numbers are not yet in the database, having just been found by autotag...

Also interesting to note what autotag found, for my already correctly tagged album
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The screenshot seems to show after Auto-Tag has done the lookup, which does re-order things based on the tag changes.
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

The screenshot I first linked appears to show that Auto-tag did not in my case.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Unfortunately that can't be verified based on the screenshot. It lacks the underlying file selection made in the main window.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Mine shows both together, and yes, the order in the autotag window did change after the lookup.

It appears there is a built-in unchangeable sort order album ascending, album artist ascending, which makes little sense

However, It did not respect the order of the selected files in the main window to start with. #9 - Goodnight irene appears at the top when it opens
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

@Lowlander -- is there some other evidence you need?

Can we get this fixed?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Yes, testing shows it works as expected and evidence provided doesn't show it doesn't.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Come on, Lowlander, you know what we are looking for.

Feature request - ability to sort within autotag dialog by album primary and track number secondary or maybe also simply by track number.

Neither is possible at this time.
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

Hang on, it works as expected when the Auto-Tag track order is out of order and is not respect the order of the selected files in the main window to start with?

Please explain.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

We've asked for evidence of this pre-lookup. Post-lookup there are new values changing the sort.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Evidence as requested:

Run autotag with internet disconnected so lookup does not occur. Note tracks in main window are in track number order, autotag is sorted by album/album artist which results in random sort as these existing tags are all identical.

http://rone.ca/dlfiles/Autotag%20pre-lo ... apture.JPG

So the point remains we would like the option to sort by track number
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

ps Just tried it in V5.1 alpha and no change as far as I can see.

And by the way the after lookup built-in sort order is not even correct by album primary as it has subgroups from the same album see my first image above

ie several from Greatest hits, then from The unicorn, then more from Greatest hits