Lyrics>translation

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Kap1A

Lyrics>translation

Post by Kap1A »

Is it possible to make the lyrics markable when a track is playing, so that I can translate them with Google translate or any other program?

I have a huge list of french and italian tracks.
While english and french tracks are not so a problem, I'd like to know what the italian meaning is.
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics>translation

Post by Lowlander »

Are you asking for the ability to Copy Lyrics?
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Maybe yes, as the menue shows two possibilities : translate with Google translate or copying in other situations. Is this a copyright issue?
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This looks like something that can be done/made with Addon so that you can right click -> Translate with Google -> Browser opens with translation.

Yes using third party translators directly in app can possibly trigger legal gray area when done natively by app developers.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Hmm, so the marking of the lyrics do not work in MMA2 but in my browser, that's what I understand.

And only the marking thing in MMA2 should be illegal in some way? And in the browser legal? This is weird.

I think if I can mark the lyrics in MMA2 and right click, there may be translate or copying like in any other browser too.

But you are the professional one and I won't do something illegal. So I'm only the user who had an idea... :(
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

Hah, get it. Only loading the lyrics in MMA2 via Internet won't work.

But when I save the lyrics in MMA2 I can click edit and then I can choose Google translate, and tadda it shows me the translation.

It's a bit complicated and would work much easier if I don't need to save the lyrics before, but it works for now. :D