[REQ] Album view

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ed.j

[REQ] Album view

Post by ed.j »

Album view (the one seen when you click an album title)

This displays information about the album retreived from the internet - I would to be able to disable this and instead display info like genre(s), publisher, year, custom fields...

There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the retreival of info from the internet, I would have thought switching between My Library and Online would achieve this.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Album view

Post by Lowlander »

That is the Info Panel which can be disabled. You can also choose a different View.
Barry4679

Re: [REQ] Album view

Post by Barry4679 »

ed.j wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:51 pmAlbum view (the one seen when you click an album title)
This displays information about the album retreived from the internet - I would to be able to disable this and instead display info like genre(s), publisher, year, custom fields...
Lowlander wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:20 pm That is the Info Panel which can be disabled. You can also choose a different View.
As LowLander said, you can suppress the info panel.
But his suggestion doesn't address your request, because you can't configure its contents, ie. to add Publisher, Year, and can't even add your own Genre tag(s) (?!)
If you suppress the Info panel you lose that whole upper panel, including Album Art and album duration, so you probably don't want that?
Using a different View doesn't help either, because the only other View offered also displays the Info panel.

It would be good if there was facility configure contents of the Info tab. ... I support your request.

ed.j wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:51 pm There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off the retreival of info from the internet, I would have thought switching between My Library and Online would achieve this.
The MyLibrary|Online toggle for albums doesn't work like that.
The MyLibrary tab shows just those tracks from the album, that are in your own library.
The Online tab show the Internet view of all albums that are supposed to be in the album, and each track has a play button enabling play from Youtube.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.