MMA2 feedback and suggestions about playback

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

doney6012

MMA2 feedback and suggestions about playback

Post by doney6012 »

Thank you for the latest beta update of MMA2, it seems to have fixed the issue of the artwork not appearing on Android Auto (Coolwalk) upon start up. I am really enjoying this build of MMA, it's a pleasure to use, and looks absolutely schmick.

I have a few feature requests, though I'm not sure if they're too complicated, or if anyone would actually use them, but I'll post them anyway.

1) Would it be possible to implement a "Continuous Play" feature, such as on streaming services when an album or playlist finishes it'll pick songs to continue playing until chosen otherwise. It could be based on user-defined specifics such as: More from current artist; More from current Genre; or simply pick a defined playlist and shuffle playback.
I'd be envisioning that the specifics for it would be defined in the Options menu, but an On/Off toggle for it could be placed on the Now Playing screen, in a similar placement to the Shuffle & Repeat toggles.

2) Another option that I'd love would be for MMA to randomly pick something like above, but to begin playback with instead. A "Random Item" button could pick an entry from the currently opened list: eg. Genres, it would pick a random genre; if in the Albums page for an artist it could randomly pick an album, and then play it in order.

3) Would it be possible for an Album Shuffle feature to also be included? Example: the user queues up 10 full albums to play, but MMA plays each album randomly, while keeping the tracks within each album in order.

Thank you again, I realise these aren't necessarily features that everyone would use, but I would personally get a lot of use out of them.
rusty

Re: MMA2 feedback and suggestions about playback

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the suggestions! I've tagged the post with a 'heart' so that we follow up on it after the release of MMA2. ATM we're focused on resolving quality issues so that we can release MMA2 asap.

Thanks!

-Rusty