Failed To Convert

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

MPG

Failed To Convert

Post by MPG »

Hi,
I put in a new microSD card into my Samsung S20 FE 5G. When I attempt to complete a Wi-Fi sync, not all of the songs are being copied over. The results are:
Updated 3 playlists from server
Failed to download (2 tracks): Unknown title
Failed to convert (805 tracks): (a whole list of song titles)

I've tried changing the card setting to the same as the old card. Including the supported formats with no success. I'm not sure what to try next...any suggestions?

MMA: Version 2.0.0.1055 Pro.
MMD: Version 5.0.4.2690.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
Lowlander

Re: Failed To Convert

Post by Lowlander »

Do the files that failed to convert play in MMW5? If so, can you do the same conversion manually in MMW5 to those files? Does that fail too?

What File Type(s) failed to convert and what are you converting them to on Sync?
MPG

Post by MPG »

I deleted the device profile and redid the sync. It didn't recreate the profile, but all of the songs were transferred across. All of the songs are in MP3 format.

Something I did notice is that devices on the left scroll panel don't match what's shown on the right when I click on Devices and Services.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
rusty

Post by rusty »

I guess that you're referring to a usecase in which you successfully synced with SDCard1, replaced it with SDCard2 and at that point synchronization of a bunch of tracks failed?

As to the discrepancy between the tree and the devices shown in the panel, I guess that Greg's card and Lori's card are the last 2 devices that had been synced (by default, the panel shows the most recently synced devices,). If you click 'Show all' (in the panel) do all the expected devices display?

-Rusty