Selecting multiple tracks - feature request [#19563, #17763]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

DreamAndDeath

Selecting multiple tracks - feature request [#19563, #17763]

Post by DreamAndDeath »

Could we roll back the change to multi-select?

Several releases ago, you could click in a blank section of the middle panel and drag a selection box to highlight multiple tracks, just as you would do to select multiple files in, say, Windows Explorer.

Since then, however, you can only do this by starting the click and drag *on* a track, which just doesn't make sense when compared to any other software.

Could this be changed back, please??
rusty

Re: Selecting multiple tracks - feature request

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I tried testing this, and was only able to find an issue with drag-selection in the List(by Album) view (documented at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19563 ).

Is that what you meant? Or are you describing another problem (selection in other views seemed to work for me as expected)?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It works for me too, testing on the latest 5.0.4 build.
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

This bug as listed 19563 is still happening for me using 2684, list by album view.

Everything below cursor is selected.

Question to OP - how do you drag starting ON a selected track? For me, this just starts dragging the track itself??
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
DreamAndDeath

Post by DreamAndDeath »

I mean the Browser view for the main window.

>>"Question to OP - how do you drag starting ON a selected track? For me, this just starts dragging the track itself??"

You can't start with a track already selected; it has to be starting on an unselected track in one smooth motion, otherwise you are correct, you find a track attached to your cursor!

I will note that if I start in empty space, I can see a very faint blue dotted selection rectangle, but when I release the mouse button, it doesn't select the tracks underneath it.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In Browser view it fails when you start in the empty space under the files: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17763

However within the list of files it works on empty space.

If you start on a selected file, it will attempt to move the file (same as in File Explorer), however it works when you start selection on a different file than the selected file.