[REQ] Add checkbox to list/view? [#19491]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

quincymaru

[REQ] Add checkbox to list/view? [#19491]

Post by quincymaru »

Hello all o/
I'm currently trying to convert my library/files into MediaMonkey 5's format slash just have everything centralized properly and what I'd really like to have is a checkbox like in File Explorer so I can multiselect with just my mouse. My database is a huge mess right now so it would be really helpful for me.
Is this possible? Or would I need to use/make an addon for it?
Peke

Re: [REQ] Add checkbox to list/view?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No, it is not possible, List views do not have check boxes, but if you switch MM to Touch Mode (View -> Mode -> Touch) There should be a possibility for Touch/Mouse selection. On the other hand Grid Views already have mouse selection where if you move mouse over for example Album art image, then after brief delay you will have selection triangle in top right of the Album to trigger selection mode.

I'll check what is already on our To-Do and add missing parts. If you find any page where you think it will be very useful please let us know. Especially as Touch mode improvements are not reviewed for quite some time (mostly due the fact that still after many years there is only handful of PC models wit touch screen, even Win 10 sort of solved touch navigation).
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
quincymaru

Post by quincymaru »

Oh, thanks much! I don't know why I didn't consider trying out touch mode lol. I think I thought it wouldn't work with my mouse input. I did a little bit of editing on my laptop and encountered a thing where one of the menus was too big and I was unable to scroll (I want to say it was the Properties menu?)- thankfully I was able to hit enter still. The right click menu is a bit odd looking and also doesn't include some options I wanna say that should be there?
Where should I post more oddities/feature requests for touch mode? In the beta section?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
No need I'll move this there.

EDIT: I created https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19491 for these features in touch mode.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts