Monkey Rok 6.2 - Updated 06/07/2014

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

SanMarc

Re: Monkey Rok 5.7 - Updated 18/07/2012

Post by SanMarc »

trixmoto wrote:If you always want to see the front cover, I assume you've set the "artwork mode" to "front" on the first options sheet?

The rest of the panels are album or artist based, so they only update when the album or artist changes. I know this means that some of the playcounts can occasionally be wrong, but it's designed this way to improve the performance.
In practice I use:
as the first picture (img = Not Specified) of each track the single picture (CD single, 7", 12", ect.)
as second image (img = Front Cover), the album picture

any setting in the "artwork mode" (front, first, ecc.) in the options sheet, does not change the result...
Monkerok, seems to randomly display one of the first images of the songs on the album as cover in the current album panel...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Assuming you are using one of the image caching modes, have you tried clicking the "!!" button to clear the cache?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
SanMarc

Post by SanMarc »

trixmoto wrote:Assuming you are using one of the image caching modes, have you tried clicking the "!!" button to clear the cache?

before my test, I delete always the cache...
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I've not managed to replicate it, but I'll take a look and see what I can do.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Peter Panino wrote:if I write: <b>URL:</b> <a href="<Benutzerdefiniert 4>" target="_blank" title="GoTo"></a>
into the Additional Info field then the URL is not displayed at all
I've tested and this does work, but you need to specify the link correctly... <b>URL:</b> <a href="<Benutzerdefiniert 4>" target="_blank">GoTo</a>

It was displaying nothing because you had nothing inside the <a> tags.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

SanMarc wrote:any setting in the "artwork mode" (front, first, ecc.) in the options sheet, does not change the result...
Monkerok, seems to randomly display one of the first images of the songs on the album as cover in the current album panel...
I've still not managed to replicate this, but I've added some extra debug messages throughout this section of the code, so hopefully we can use the new version to determine what is going wrong. I'm just waiting for some translation strings, but hopefully I'll be releasing this version in a few days.
qrobur

Post by qrobur »

I'm new to this script but trixmoto's work is always excellent so I thought I would try it. I have a couple of newbie questions:

1) Is there an instruction manual anywhere? I like the interface, but what can I do with it? :)
2) Is the "Enable Last.Fm" loved tracks functionality (requires Last.Fm account)" feature greyed out because it's not implemented yet? I only have about 200,000 plays on my existing last.fm account. Not enough? ;)

Ta.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

There is no instruction manual - I'm not sure what I would put in one if there was. The options on the sheets should be fairly self explanatory, but if not then please ask.

It is greyed out for one of two reasons, either you do not have the Last.Fm Scrobbler plugin installed and working (therefore no username and password for me to grab) or the MD5 component could not be installed on your system (which means I cannot create the necessary posts).

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the swift reply. Okay, I'll work out what I want in the interace myself! Should be fun.

Now, the last.fm loved tracks functionality is an interesting one. I had removed the last.fm scrobbler years ago as I didn't need it. I reinstalled it and also grabbed the MD5 component mentioned earlier in the thread, then registered it. That certainly allowed me to enable the last.fm functionality but also caused the MM application to stall if I tried to do anything in it. It didn't crash, just caused the application to hog a full 48-50% of my system resources continuously and be so unresponsive as to be unusable.

Turning off the last.fm functionality restored the normal operation of MediaMonkey, so it looks suspiciously like there's something about the MD5 component that doesn't work properly on my machine. I'm also getting the request to allow the ActiveX control to work, so it could be an interaction between the two problems.

MM: 4.0.3 blah blah.
qrobur

Post by qrobur »

Guest wrote:I'm also getting the request to allow the ActiveX control to work, so it could be an interaction between the two problems.
It isn't, as it turns out. I've edited the registry to eliminate the ActiveX control prompt and enabling the last.fm functionality still causes MM to hang.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Unfortunately the Last.Fm API isn't very useful when it comes to loved tracks, the script has to loop through all the pages of loved tracks to store them in the MM database as a cache, it can't query for an individual track (as far as I can tell). It's probably this loop that's hogging the processor - how long have you left it for and how many loved tracks do you have?
qrobur

Post by qrobur »

Ugh! I loathe unwanted program behaviour that is intermittent! :D

I have just under one thousand loved tracks, so I could well imagine caching them would take a little while. Of course, last.fm's API may not have been playing nicely at the time either. Anyway, I've just gone through the process of enabling the last.fm functionality again, the only difference being I eliminated the activeX warning first, and this morning the interface seems to be working flawlessly. The "heart" has appeared and the MM interface is not hanging. I haven't actually tried "loving" a track, but I've no reason to doubt it will work. So, perhaps we have an intermittent bug, the most irritating kind of all, or in my opinion more likely, last.fm was on the fritz when I was playing with this last night.

I suspect I'll have more questions. Thank you for your very quick replies to those I've asked so far.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Once the loved tracks are cached, it should work quickly, so it could be that the caching just took a while to complete. Like you say, if Last.Fm was responding quite slowly, this would have made the problem much worse.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

I'm not having much luck with my translators, does anyone want to help me out finishing off the translations in any of the following languages?
  • German
  • Spanish
  • Japanese
  • Czech
  • Polish
  • Russian
If you want to add a new language as well, then also let me know.
trixmoto

Re: Monkey Rok 5.8 - Updated 22/09/2012

Post by trixmoto »

New version (5.8.) is now available to download from my website. Changes include...

- Fixed German translation (thanks to DreadM)
- Added new video related fields (MM4 only)
- Fixed blank panel appearing on startup when hidden
- Added translation uses MM language file if missing string
- Added extra debug messaging for album art (for SanMarc)

Many of the translations are currently incomplete, sorry about that.