AutoRateAccurate 2.4.3 (22/10/2009) - for MM3

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

No, it surely wasn't there in MM2 but I could terminate the script over the progressbar anyway.

But I'll implement that in the next version. Thanks! :)
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
LordHades

Post by LordHades »

Hi Berny,

Thanks for the updated version! It works like a charm now. I really love the addition to rate every song even if it has a played of 0 :D
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Ok, just released a minor update with a better default formula. The autorating-process can now also be terminated by clicking on the progressbar. But to avoid problems the problems the autocalibration cannot be terminated.

The problem with double icons after updating isn't fixed yet. IMHO it's also not so important because it works anyway and after a restart it's back to normal.
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
PoooMukkel

Post by PoooMukkel »

Have to say thank you for this nice script. I'm new on it, but I think, that I will use your script for a long time now... ;)
Cu,
PoooMukkel
RedX

Post by RedX »

Hi!

A small improvement suggestion: You could check if the user is using the default formula then he should get prompted if he wants to update it to the newer formula version when he is updating the script.
The reason is, it happened to me, if you update the script and it is not the first run it will assume that you have a personal formula and will not update it.

Another thing that happened is that when you install it, it starts auto calibrating, then i entered the options and after exiting it starts auto-calibrating again while the other one is still running, this produces an error.
Maybe you could check if it is already calibrating or rating and then prevent starting again.

Regards,
Red
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Thanks PoooMukkel, glad to have a new user! :)

@RedX. Yes, you're right. I'll add a way to update the formula while updating. I'll change something about the setup and initialization anyway (to make it stabler and prevent some errors in very special cases).

And also the AutoCalibration will change a bit because I want it to start when the player is already loaded so MM starts quicker. I'll add a check you mentioned then.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Grüezi, Berny.
I was wondering if I rate a song while listening to it on my Ipod and then do a synch. Will your script see that song as manually rated? Or would the difference in the pod not using 1/2 stars keep that from happening in some way?
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Yes, the script should see it as manually rated. I think BerniPi tested it in the 1.x version... I don't use manual ratings so I don't know exactly but I think it should recognize it.

But you can test it:
-Sync ipod
-Change a rating of a song on the ipod
-Sync again
-Start the autorating process by clicking on the star-icon (be sure that you have enabled 'Don't overwrite manual ratings).
-Look if the rating has changed and check in the customfield of the song if there stands MR for "Manual rated" now.
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

Okay, I can confirm that songs rated on the Pod are treated as manually rated. Good to know.
Thanks!
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Thanks for investigating!
Jay

Question...?

Post by Jay »

Does autorate differentiate between manual plays and plays generated by an autoplaylist...?
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

No, unfortunately this is not possible. The script uses the default MediaMonkey-PlayCounter where all plays are stored in.
Scratchy

Post by Scratchy »

Hey I've just tentatively installed this script, definitely a good idea (one I wishfully discussed with a friend in fact), but I'm currently leaving manual ratings as they are...partly because a huge percentage of my library has the same date added (the day last year when i changed from iTunes to MediaMonkey). And simply putting a fair bit of effort into those ratings.

Anyway, I like to have my 5 stars songs as a really elite class.
For example I've just ran it for the first time, and I changed 5 star on 1% in the AutoCalibrate options. I think it would be handy to be able to go down to 0.5% increments for a start (as slightly less than 0.5% of my songs were manually given 5-stars), but what would be great is if this script could auto-calibrate, matching the percentages of manual ratings.

Thanks for the script. I had a few persistent errors at first (my fault I think, changing the autocalibrate numbers while it was calibrating and stuff like that), but it seems like you've put this together really thoughtfully. :wink:
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi scratchy,
glad you like it.

About your request: I wanted to implement such a thing too so that also the manual ratings are used for AutoCalibration. But there's a problem: What should the script do if you set five stars to 1% but you have a lot manually rated songs with five stars (for example 10%). Then the other percentages would have to be recalculated someway. Do you have an idea here? Would it be useful that in a case like this other rating-percentages get relativly decreased? Or is there a more accurate way?

Big_Berny
Scratchy

Post by Scratchy »

Sorry I'm not sure I was clear enough.

I'm not overwriting my manual ratings, and it would be cool if, as an alternative to setting a figure in each box of the AutoCalibrate section, it calibrated to Auto-rate based on the percentages from 0 star to 5 star that I had rated manually.

So if I had manually set 0.5% of my songs as 5-star, and obviously everything I've manually rated adds up to 100%, the other percentages in AutoCalibrate also match what I had previously manually rated.

Heh, it's a bit hard for me to articulate...

Basically after it rates the songs I hadn't already rated, I'd like my overall percentages of 5-star, 4.5 star, etc to be maintained.