Export/Create Playlists 4 Child Nodes 4.0 (2013-07-10)[MM2+]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

ZvezdanD

Re: Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.5 (2011-04-22)[M

Post by ZvezdanD »

Dybro wrote:I want to export playlists as .m3u-files and then be able to play them from all my devices. Therefore it need to use the file paths on my NAS. But I can't make it work :(
I am not sure that understand what exactly you want, but you need to specify "\\" instead of "\" in the Replace paths in .m3u files text box because "\" is a special character in regular expressions, or you could just turn off the Use Regular expressions option since you are using only one folder for replacement (however, in that case you need to turn off the Skip export of nodes/folders option as well since it contains specified multiple folders).
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
Dybro

Post by Dybro »

ZvezdanD wrote:
Dybro wrote:I want to export playlists as .m3u-files and then be able to play them from all my devices. Therefore it need to use the file paths on my NAS. But I can't make it work :(
I am not sure that understand what exactly you want, but you need to specify "\\" instead of "\" in the Replace paths in .m3u files text box because "\" is a special character in regular expressions, or you could just turn off the Use Regular expressions option since you are using only one folder for replacement (however, in that case you need to turn off the Skip export of nodes/folders option as well since it contains specified multiple folders).
Well thank you it seemed to work. Before, when I wrote "E:\Music" it didn't change the path. But now, with "E:\\Music" it seems to work perfect. It can't test atm as I am not home, but I will do later tonight, and report back :)

Thanks
Dybro

Post by Dybro »

Dybro wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:
Well thank you it seemed to work. Before, when I wrote "E:\Music" it didn't change the path. But now, with "E:\\Music" it seems to work perfect. It can't test atm as I am not home, but I will do later tonight, and report back :)

Thanks
Perfect, it seems to work, although I now realise that my WDTV Live and my Sony BDV-E370 doesn't support .m3u-playlists :P
But from my PC it works perfect.. Thanks a lot :)
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Dybro wrote:I now realise that my WDTV Live and my Sony BDV-E370 doesn't support .m3u-playlists :P
That sounds very unlikely to me. Here are some quick googling: http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?showtopic=2886. It seems that WDTV Live requires .m3u files with relative paths. Maybe it is same with Sony BDV-E370.
Magic Nodes 4.3.3 / 5.2 RegExp Find & Replace 4.4.9 / 5.2  Invert Selection/Select None 1.5.1  Export/Create Playlists for Child Nodes 4.1.1 / 5.4.1  Expand Child Nodes/Expand All 1.1.2  Event Logger 2.7  Filtered Statistics Report 1.6  Track Redirection & Synchronization 3.4.2  Restore/Synchronize Database 3.1.8 / 4.0.1  Find Currently Playing Track 1.3.2  Queue List 1.2.1  Add to Library on Play 1.0.1  Tree Report for Child Nodes 1.1.1  Update Location of Files in Database 1.4.5 / 2.3  Inherit Child Playlists 1.0.3  Add Currently Playing/Selected Track(s) to Playlist 1.2
chrisvor

Post by chrisvor »

Hello,
I seemed to have a problem exporting M3Us and FILES using your script. I have a list of FOLDERS (not in the main "playlist node", but rather as folders in the file system), which contain sub-folders and eventually M3U files.

What I wish to accomplish is select a "top level" folder (in the file system) and copy the M3Us but also the *MP3 FILES* they refer to in a different folder "STRUCTURE" according to where each original M3U file is residing under the selected "top level" folder.

Can this be accomplished using your tool? When I try to use it, nothing happens.

However if I use your tool (option "Export M3Us & Copy Files for Child Nodes") on a folder under the "PlayList" node, it works on the M3Us (i.e. it create the M3U files in the destination folder), but it DOES NOT copy the actual MP3 files.

Could you please assist?
Thank you very much.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisvor wrote:I seemed to have a problem exporting M3Us and FILES using your script.
Thanks for the report. There is the new release, v3.5.2 - 2011-06-12:
* Fixed: Export M3Us & Copy Files for Child Nodes command (broken in v3.4).

By the way, there is one important information that I forgot to tell. If you have turned on the "Show 'All' node for contents of folders" option located at the Appearance tab in the Options dialog box, when you export .m3u files for folders from the Library and My Computer nodes they would contain paths to the audio files from child "All" nodes, i.e. .m3u files would contain paths to files in corresponding nodes and all their sub-nodes (including grandchild nodes). You need to turn off the mentioned option if you want to export .m3u files with paths to the actual audio files contained only in corresponding folders. Same states for copied audio files using the Export M3Us & Copy Files for Child Nodes option.
chrisvor

Re: Export M3Us/Playlists for Child Nodes 3.5 (2011-06-12)[M

Post by chrisvor »

Thanks for the update. however the link still downloads 3.5.1

can you please provide a download link to 3.5.2?

Many thanks.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisvor wrote:the link still downloads 3.5.1
I don't know how is this possible when I have removed old version and uploaded the new one. I just tried to download and it is 3.5.2.
chrisjj

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM

Post by chrisjj »

chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:v2.0 - 2009-02-12
- Added: possibility to create playlists in the Playlists node in similar way as export of .m3u files.
I cannot see this option. What's its label, please?
Please?
Chris
ZvezdanD

Re: Export M3U/Playlists for Child Nodes 2.8 (2009-08-25)[MM

Post by ZvezdanD »

chrisjj wrote:
chrisjj wrote:
ZvezdanD wrote:v2.0 - 2009-02-12
- Added: possibility to create playlists in the Playlists node in similar way as export of .m3u files.
I cannot see this option. What's its label, please?
Please?
Here is the excerpt from the Usage section from the first post of this thread:
Select a node whose child nodes you want to export playlists, then:
- choose Create Playlists for Child Nodes command from the File menu or the context menu of the tree panel if you want to create playlists that would be stored in the Playlists branch; after that you should specify the parent playlist node.

Post by Guest »

ZvezdanD wrote:
chrisvor wrote:the link still downloads 3.5.1
I don't know how is this possible when I have removed old version and uploaded the new one. I just tried to download and it is 3.5.2.
Ok, I dowlnloaded and installed (I was getting it from my cache previously it seems).

Now when I select a "file system folder" filled with subfolders and playlists, the module goes through all the tree of folders and I can see the status being updated and the treeview "expanded".

However, the destination folder still remains empty, nothing goes in there, neither the m3u's nor folder with the mp3's.

Any idea why?

Thanks
Chris
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

Guest wrote:However, the destination folder still remains empty, nothing goes in there, neither the m3u's nor folder with the mp3's.

Any idea why?
Do your subfolders contain tracks? Are you trying to export nodes from Location or My Computer branch? Did you change something on the Export M3Us tab of the Options dialog box? Could you post its screenshot if you changed something?
mcow

Post by mcow »

I'm having a small difficulty with this script.

I use it generate playlists for a Nokia tablet. First I sync to the tablet from two playlists: one with whole albums, which each get their own folder, and another "mix" list of random tracks from the library, which are all stored in a single folder. This source playlist has the tracks in a randomized order, and I want to maintain that order for the playlist: I do not use the shuffle on the tablet's player.

Then I go to the tablet's node in the tree and use this script to generate an M3U for each folder. This works great for albums because when I view the folder, the tracks are shown in track order and so the playlist is generated in track order, just as I want.

With the randomized mix, the tracks are shown in some order that is not random. It's going to be sorted on some key, whether the original track number or artist name or track name... whatever. The point is, I can't see the tracks on the device in the same order they are in the source playlist on MM. I can't use this script on the mix playlist because the paths are all different (and so are the filenames).

I can't use MM's own device-playlist generator because it insists on DOS-style paths and line endings, both of which make the M3U unreadable by the player on the tablet. I suppose I could write a post-processor for this list; it would be better if MM had device configuration that took these differences into account.

I'm not sure how to get where I want in a simple fashion.
ZvezdanD

Post by ZvezdanD »

mcow wrote:I'm not sure how to get where I want in a simple fashion.
The only solution that comes to my mind is to store information about playlist's sort order into some Custom field using the RegExp Find & Replace add-on, e.g. with the modified "Add ordinal number of current track to the begin of Title" preset, and then you could sort tracks in the destination folder by that field.

However, I think it would be much easier if you just use the similar path/filename structure of files in the playlist and device because in that case you could directly export .m3u files with tracks from the playlist using the Replace paths in .m3u files option of this add-on.
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

Hi Z:

It has been a long time since I've messed with the settings in Export M3u... so I am a little rusty but.... with MM4 I've had to segment my playlists more to keep my music playlists separate from my audiobooks and videos. As such the playlists I would like to setup to autoback is nested into three levels. However the script will only recognize the tree from two levels, is it possible to add more levels so that I may export the correct branch of playlists using the automated method??

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files