Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Hello Steegy,

First I would like to say that I love this script it is one that makes me love MediaMonkey on a whole even more :)

I have run into a problem with this script however. Whenever I have this script running I cannot burn a cd using MM (I am using 2.5.5.998). The burn wizard will open and when I select the final option several error boxes saying "Error executing Script Event" and this usually leads to MediaMonkey crashing

I have several scripts installed and went through each one trying this to see if I could reproduce the error with another script and I am sorry to report that I could not.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Please try the new version 1.3 (see first post). I hope this solves the current issues.
Nevertheless, there could be problems on 64bit operating systems (if so, please let me know).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Hey Steegy, trying your new version I run into a problem.

As soon as I click the Mic to view embedded lyrics, my mini-lyrics panel goes to full screen.
Stop Button Freak
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Vyper wrote:Hey Steegy, trying your new version I run into a problem.

As soon as I click the Mic to view embedded lyrics, my mini-lyrics panel goes to full screen.
Same thing here Steegy, just getting ready to try and burn them the whole screen was taken over by Minilyrics
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Grr... here it works fine on both MM2 and MM3.

Anyway, 2nd try: can anyone help me with programming this cr*ppy C++/ATL server dll? Please let me know (I'm not a C++ programmer myself. I sometimes kinda hate the language, probably because I don't understand it.).
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Deadman36g

Post by Deadman36g »

Just wanted to report that I have figured out a workaround to the full screen problem.

When you start MediaMonkey for the first time with this script make sure it is not selected in the view tab, then select it and close MediaMonkey, then when you restart MM the problem should be fixed.

Also Steegy, I am happy to report that I can now burn while this script is active
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Hmmmm ...... can't seem to get that to work for me unless I'm doing something wrong.
Stop Button Freak
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

To be sure that I'm not using other files than you, I have re-uploaded the installer (with a slightly other name, see first post).
I couldn't reproduce your problems on MM2 (that's what you were using, right?) even when I deleted all presence of the script (2 files, config setting, even MM's layout registry key).
In any case, make sure that the old version of the embedder (the one using the exe) isn't enabled anymore.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Yes, MM2.

Should Mini-Lyrics be already started when I click the Mic button or no? Or does it matter?
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Does it no matter what order I do things.

Btw, do you have the latest version of ML? (5.2.2761) Don't know if that would cause any problem.
Stop Button Freak
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Should Mini-Lyrics be already started when I click the Mic button or no?
Here's how the script works: when it's started, it waits a bit (by default 1000ms) before it searches and tries to embed teh MiniLyrics window. That delay is necessary because MM's dockable embedder panel has to be open first, and MiniLyrics should be already open too. Once the embedding is done, the dockable embedder panel gets closed (or stays open) depending on how you left it previously.
So yes (for now), to get MiniLyrics embedded, it has to start and show up together with MediaMonkey. If the loading on your computer goes slower, you can make the delay before the embedding starts a bit bigger in the script (the EmbedTimer constant).
Once the embedding is done, the script will periodically (by default every 1000ms) reposition and resize the embedded MiniLyrics window. But even if MiniLyrics isn't embedded yet, it shouldn't get maximized. It should just stay unembedded.

* But: apparently this doesn't always behave as I supposed. Maybe it depends on the OS. I have now added an extra condition that checks if MiniLyrics is actually embedded, before it tries to reposition and resize it. (see again first post, I'm sorry).

I'm still using one of the last ML 4 versions, because there were critics (abvout more annoying advertisements) on the new 5 version on this MM forum. And I don't really (except for 1 thing) need a new version anyway. But that's highly unlikely to cause the problem.

BTW: Which Windows version are you using?
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

I'm using XP SP2.

Will give the new one a shot. And don't sweat too much over this, especially if I'm the only one having a problem. :D
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Steegy wrote:If the loading on your computer goes slower, you can make the delay before the embedding starts a bit bigger in the script (the EmbedTimer constant).
Got it working! I changed this from 500 in your latest script to 3000 (I didn't try any other value) and it works. :D

Thanks for working with me on this! :D
Stop Button Freak
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Seems to be a problem still but a minor one.

When loading MM for the first time in a day for after a long time, the full-screen problem will occur. Closing it out and reloading makes it work fine from then on.

I changed that value to 5000 to see if that helps. :-?
Stop Button Freak
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Did you try the latest version (mentioned in my last post)?