[MM2-4] Syncing Ratings from/to Sansa/Rockbox

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

@BryanKitts
Have you tried what morenu wrote? (thanks morenu)
It should work, no matter which drive letter.

New Version today!
BryanKitts

Post by BryanKitts »

Well, I didn't the first time, but when it didn't work I read the instructions properly and restarted ReadSansa and it still didn't work: it just listed drives E, F and G (my Sansa is on S).

I've just mapped the Sansa disk to the first free drive, H (i.e. "subst h: s:\") and it picked up the disk straightaway! I clicked 'Read Lil Monsta' and it produces a dialog box to say how many files it's read.

Unfortunately the data looks really scrambled. Names of artists etc are split across different fields; most albums are only a few letters long; multiple fields are joined together: the input data is definitely in a format the program is not expecting!
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Which model do you have? I'm already working on the Rhapsody Support, but that will take a few days. Please register, then I can send you my email and you can send me the files I need to analyse.
BryanKitts

Post by BryanKitts »

Now registered. Let me know if you want me to send you any files.

I've got an e280R. Sorry, hadn't realised it behaved differently to standard e200 series!

Thanks once again for developing this. It's proved surprisingly hard to get PC-Sansa synchronisation working as well as I'd hoped, and having ratings sync back to the PC would definitely be a very useful addition.
mimi

guestio about the pc

Post by mimi »

Whats a pc is it the cd that came with my new sansa that I bot to download songs.[quote][/quote]
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

I've uploaded a new Version with Support for the Rhapsody.
Thanks a lot to Giuseppe Saracino and Bryan Kitts.

Pay Attention that it's now called SansaMonkey 8)
vphreeze

Post by vphreeze »

i just downloaded the latest copy of SansaMonkey, and when i try to Sync Ratings to Sansa (Update and Overwrite Sansa-Ratings are checked) i get a message saying Please Start MediaMonkey and try again!.

my procedure is to hook up the Sansa (in MSC mode), start SansaMonkey, start MediaMonkey, then try to sync ratings to the player.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

SansaMonkey checkes if Mediamonkey.exe is running as a Process (or MediaMonkey_Debug.exe). Please check you Task-Manager if that's the case.
vphreeze

Post by vphreeze »

onkel_enno wrote:SansaMonkey checkes if Mediamonkey.exe is running as a Process (or MediaMonkey_Debug.exe). Please check you Task-Manager if that's the case.
i think i found the problem. under Options > Appearence > Skin, i had the option Override Skin theme with Windows System theme (requires restart) checked, so that it would use no theme at all. this caused the process MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe to be running instead. i am ok with using a skin for now, but is there any way to fix this?

now when i run it, i get the message Sever execution failed.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

vphreeze wrote:MediaMonkey (non-skinned).exe
Good Hint, I'll inlcude that. Thx

You'll receive a PM :wink:
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Hmm, Your Files work fine here.

Does SansaMonkey update any Songs on the Sansa?
Any special files where it hangs?
Which Version of MM do you use? Try the last build (2.5.x) [but it should also work with MM3]

11:07 EDIT: Re-download SansaMonkey and try again.
vphreeze

Post by vphreeze »

i am using MediaMonkey Gold 2.5.5.966, and i just tried redownloading SansaMonkey and got the same result.

as far as i can tell, it's not updating any songs. when click on Write Lil Monsta the mouse changes to an hourglass for 20-30 seconds and then i get the message i mentioned before. when i click on Read Lil Monsta again, it still shows 721 Files, 462 Ratings, 0 rated on Sansa

are there any particular services or process that the program utilizes? i am on XP Pro, but i have stripped some things out with nLite.

on a side note, would it be possible to add a feature that converts all the m3u playlists already on the player to the .pla Sansa format? also, maybe be able to create playlists for specific ratings instead of all.

i get off work in an hour, so i might not respond until i come back in tonite.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

vphreeze wrote:are there any particular services or process that the program utilizes? i am on XP Pro, but i have stripped some things out with nLite.
That might be the problem. SansaMonkey needs to create OLEObjects. Could you anyhow send me the Template (.ini) for nLite that I can build up a similar system?

BTW If you update the Ratings on the Sana, there will still be 0 Songs rated on the Sansa. This flag is set when the Files are really rated on the Sansa and not imported by MM, WMP or SansaMonkey.
vphreeze wrote:would it be possible to add a feature that converts all the m3u playlists already on the player to the .pla Sansa format?
That would of course be possible, but aren't there already enough tools for that on the net?
vphreeze wrote: also, maybe be able to create playlists for specific ratings instead of all.
You can delete the ones you don't want, afterwards ;-)

But if it's really, really, really necessary for you, I could look what I can do. :wink:

Post by Guest »

yeah, i know there are other programs that convert the playlists, but as it is, i would be using 3 programs (MediaMonkey, SansaMonkey, m3u2pla) every time i wanna sync my player. it seemed like the functionality might already be there, and maybe just a button could be stuck somewhere.

sort of the same for the ratings, maybe a there could just be a playlist manager tab that lists all the playlists on there and you could convert what you want.

but then again, i know nothing about programming, so maybe its not as easy as i picture it in my head. i hope i don't seem ungrateful, because i think this program sounds awesome and accomplishes one of the big features i wish Sansa or MediaMonkey handled natively. by the way, i sent that template to you. if you see what it is i took out that i shouldn't have, let me know...i am on the verge of reformatting and just going with a standard copy of XP Pro since i seem to be running into little things like this every so often.
onkel_enno

Post by onkel_enno »

Let me know if it works after your reinstall.
I'm currently testing the nLite-Installation.

I'll inlcude your requested feature, but maybe not today, it's getting really hot here :lol: