AutoRateAccurate - Release 1.61 (10/11/2006) [MM2]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi guys,
I just had a idea to improve the formula . I could create a way to calculate a 'perfect' formula by some references you have to set manually. That means you rate some songs manually , and with this ratings the script (or program) could create a nearly perfect formula by calculating the priorities (importance) of the all available informations about the song (like PlayCounter, SkipCounter).

Just a idea. I don't know if this is difficult to do but it would surely be funny to program. :)

Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
Skins in use: ZuneSkin SP / Eclipse SP
AutoRateAccurate 3.0.0 (New) - Rates all your songs in less than 5 seconds!
About me: icoaching - internet | marketing | design
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

Hello,

i am wondering, how I can get the auto-calibration to work properly.
The actual distribution of ratings is nowhere my desired distribution that I have set in in options of AutoRateAccurate:

5 stars: target share: 4% / actual share: 1.5 %
4.5: 6% / 4 %
4: 12 % / 0.6 %
3.5: 22 % / 20 %
3 / 30 % / 1.9 %
2.5: 12% / 1.3 %
2: 6% / 0%
1.5: 4% / 0%
1: 3% / 70.3%

Can I correct this distribution somehow?

Also the original formula seems to be very "aggressive" as a song currently rated with 1 star would jump to 4.5 stars instantly after just one play. I'd appreciate it if somebody could recommend a different formula.

Regards,
mattisse
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hi Matisse,
ou, that really seems to be a serious problem! I'll have a look in two weeks when I'll work on the new version.

But first I have to know some details:
-Have you changed the formula somewhere? If yes, you have to change it three times (two times in Auto/AutorateAccStarter.vbs and once in AutoRateAcc.vbs). If you don't do this the AutoCalibration won't work correctly!
-Do you have songs with manual ratings?

Thanks a lot for helping me!
Big_Berny
Scripts in use: Genre Finder / Last.fm DJ / Magic Nodes / AutoRateAccurate / Last.FM Node
mattisse

Post by mattisse »

Thank you, Big_Berny,

you already solved my problem. I had indeed played with the formula, but hadn't read one of your previous posts carefully enough. So I had altered the formula only once in AutorateAccStarter.vbs instead of twice.
This caused all the trouble. Sorry, my bad.

Regards,
mattise
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Hehe, no problem. I'm happy that it isn't a bug and that it works now. :)

Regards
Big_Berny
Mthrsuperior

Post by Mthrsuperior »

I really like this script but I don't quite trust it yet :P so I currently have it set to ignore ratings I set myself.

I'd like to see how it works when it overrides my ratings.
Is there a way to save my personal ratings before I allow it to overwrite so I can bring back my personal ratings again if need be???

Thanks

Edit - It just occured to me I could make playists for each of the current ratings and then re-rate them back again from these playlists if need be.
I'd still be curious to know about the original question though.

Thanks again.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Mthrsuperior wrote:I really like this script but I don't quite trust it yet :P so I currently have it set to ignore ratings I set myself.
No problem! :) The ratings you do by yourself should always be more accurate. That's why I added this option.
I'd like to see how it works when it overrides my ratings.
Is there a way to save my personal ratings before I allow it to overwrite so I can bring back my personal ratings again if need be???
If you rate a song in MediaMonkey it always give a rating value which is divideable by 10. 100 is 5*, 90 is 4.5*, 80 is 4* and so on. My script gives other ratings like 85 for 4.5*, 75 for 4* stars and so on. This way the script can distinguish them. If you activate the option mentioned before it just doesn't overwrites ratings which are divideable by 10.
So it's not possible to backup your ratings with my script. But you could write your own script if you'd really need that function.

Regards
Big_Berny
Mthrsuperior

Post by Mthrsuperior »

Thanks for the info.

I made playlists based on my personal ratings just to be safe and then gave the script free reign.
I'm really impressed.
I can only hear the difference between my ratings and the script's ratings 8.4% of the time. (JOKING! :o )

At first it was a little too generous, imo, but with a little tweaking - so far so good.

My wife thanks you too: Driving and setting ratings on iPod at the same time = BAD :P

Re: Error

Post by Guest »

Mike1002 wrote:I had this working great last night, its a great script!

When i opened up MM today (after installing AdvancedReport) when i skip a track i get the following errors:

[img=http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/6641/19xu.jpg]
And then
[img=http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9313/20wz1.jpg]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike.
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

@Guest: The problem should be fixed... Doesn't it work?

Big_Berny
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

Development will continue soon as my exams are over! :D Didn't go too good though... But it's over! :)

Just to let you know. :)

Big_Berny
Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Don't forget about my wish :) a base rating set point for songs not played or skipped. Preferably user selected.
tooscaredtotry

Post by tooscaredtotry »

Big_Berny wrote:If you rate a song in MediaMonkey it always give a rating value which is divideable by 10. 100 is 5*, 90 is 4.5*, 80 is 4* and so on. My script gives other ratings like 85 for 4.5*, 75 for 4* stars and so on. This way the script can distinguish them. If you activate the option mentioned before it just doesn't overwrites ratings which are divideable by 10.
So it's not possible to backup your ratings with my script. But you could write your own script if you'd really need that function.
Ahhh, so that's why it gives me multiple entries in the built in library stats. Does anyone have a fix for this without installing another script..
Big_Berny

Post by Big_Berny »

tooscaredtotry wrote: Ahhh, so that's why it gives me multiple entries in the built in library stats. Does anyone have a fix for this without installing another script..
What's exactly your problem?
lemo

Post by lemo »

Have started using this script recently and it's great. Like a few other people on this thread, I would love to be able rate tracks myself but also let the script modify them over time. Having read how the script works, I think I have a scheme that might work to allow this without interfering too much with how the script runs today.

Big_Berny - are you still working on the script and interested in developing it further? If so, I'll explain what I'm thinking of and you can let me know if it makes sense. I have a programming background but not vbscript and have read through the scripts so I understand the gist of how it currently works.