Embedded Minilyrics v1.4b [MM2+3+4]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Steegy

Post by Steegy »

the panel appears for a few seconds at startup
Yes. In previous versions of the script, it didn't, but then sometimes the MiniLyrics player didn't get embedded. Now it should get embedded always, but it's indeed a bit strange.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
gab

Post by gab »

Steegy:

I'm having trouble with the script. It was working yesterday but it is not working today. Per your diagnostics questions:

(1) The embedder panel is visible in MM

(2) MiniLyrics is NOT embedded in the panel

(3) MiniLyrics is running in the system tray. However, clicking it doesn't do anything. I can right click and access the MiniLyrics menu but that's about it.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Hmm, all these facts together sound like MiniLyrics got embedded to something else than the embedder panel, or the MiniLyrics isn't showing for some other reason. Does restarting MM help, or does this happen always?
I don't think it really matters, but what MM version are you using?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
gab

Post by gab »

I'm using MM 2.5.5.985. Also, as MM is starting (splash screen), I can see (a very opaque) MiniLyrics panel for a few seconds. Then just an empty grey panel where it should be docked.
arcspin

Hickup !?!

Post by arcspin »

Hey all,
When I use Minilyrics I hear a short hickup in the beginning of every song.
It's like Minilyrics is trying to catch up with the song and thats when it hicks up.

Has anyone some fix to this problem ?

Other than that Minilyrics is working just fine, a bit of a bummer though when there are so many .txt lyrics files in the database... :cry:

Cheers,
//P
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

While MiniLyrics writes the lyrics to the file's tags (by default, this is enabled in its settings), it'll have to stop playback, write the lyrics to the file, and then resume playback.
This "short hickup" only happens when new lyrics are added (e.g. first time song play, when lyrics are found).

If you don't want this, you can let MiniLyrics save the lyrics to an external text file instead of in the song's own file.

Cheers
Steegy
BrendanP

Post by BrendanP »

I'm having problems dues to service pack 2 but there isn't an unblock button when i go to properties. I have gone into the firewall settings and put in exceptions for monkey media (minilyrics isn't showing up seperatly) and made sure the port minilyrics is trying to use (1212) is open but i'm still getting the message 10061 the conection could not be made because the target machine actively refused it
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Try if disabling your firewall (or other anti-malware software) solves the problem. If this fixes the problem, then change the settings of your security software so it allows MediaMonkey and MiniLyrics, even if security is enabled back. (settings for these programs are to diverse to explain).
Also see if rebooting your pc helps (might be temporary Windows problem), or see if the problem isn't with the MiniLyrics lyrics server (try again at a later time).

Cheers
Steegy
Not registered

Cool

Post by Not registered »

Worked fine.. old versions didn't...
Very good, I only wish we could turn it off sometimes (to put the minilyrics on top of all windows).
Blake

Post by Blake »

Hi to all people that having minilyrics running and the embedder panel there except there is nothing in it. Well that happened to me, then i realized that i had put the opacity down to 10%, then i put it back up, and all was good. Try that.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

Love this embedder idea but am having a problem using it so had to un-embed minilyrics ......

With minilyrics embedded, I'm having to click twice or hit enter twice to do things. For example, if I change something in a tag, I'll have to hit enter or click 'OK' twice or more. This happens a good 70% of the time or more.

Any ideas why?
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Does this happen on MM 2.5 (I suppose) or MM 3 ?
I'll see what I can do. I haven't noticed any problems.... because it's been a very long time since I used the full & scripted MM. I now have 4 versions of MM installed and usually only run it without any scripts :oops:.
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

2.5 ... :-?
Kingtaco11

Please halp

Post by Kingtaco11 »

Hi guys, I just downloaded media monkey and I LOVE IT!

I just downloaded this script because I thought it was preety cool, But... It doesnt seem to be working... I dont know if something isnt enabled or something but it there all embedded and such, just no lyrics show just a black window :(

Heres a screen shot of what im talking about

PLEASE HELP ME!!! I REALLY WANT THIS TO WORK! :(![/img]
Vyper

Post by Vyper »

This may be a dumb question but did you go here and download the lyrics player?

http://www.crintsoft.com/minilyrics.htm