composers

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

J. van Benschop

composers

Post by J. van Benschop »

Is it already possible to add the composers name in the titles?
ashishg

Re: composers

Post by ashishg »

May be it's called "author"? I don't know.
J. van Benschop wrote:Is it already possible to add the composers name in the titles?
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

There is a 'composer' field in the details tab of the track properties.

There is currently no way to display this in the titles or columns.

MM 3.x has more columns available which includes composer, but I don't know if it will be possible to include composer as part of the 'title' display.
ashishg

Post by ashishg »

Maybe if you use Custom field for composer info then you can display in columns. Use magic nodes to display in left tree.
Teknojnky wrote:There is a 'composer' field in the details tab of the track properties.

There is currently no way to display this in the titles or columns.

MM 3.x has more columns available which includes composer, but I don't know if it will be possible to include composer as part of the 'title' display.
cherryplinth

Post by cherryplinth »

For classical music, I generally set the artist field equal to the composer. If you think about it, what you are really trying to do is structure a data base so that you can quickly find a piece of music. And if you are looking for a piece of classical music, I think the most natural way to look for a piece in question is to look under the composer's name. So I set the artist field = composer, and my data base works very well.

About the only exception to this rule is when I have a compilation album, like Vladimir Ashkenazy playing Beethoven Sonatas. Then I set the artist field = performer.