An iTunes skin for MM?

If you want to contribute MediaMonkey skins, themes, icons, etc...

Moderators: Morten, Gurus

If an iTunes look-a-like skin was made, which theme would you rather be used?

You may select 1 option

View results

Blake

An iTunes skin for MM?

Post by Blake »

I was just wondering if anybody would be interested in a skin that looks like iTunes. If there is enough interest then I would make one. The reason I do skins based on other programs is that they are easy because you just do a print screen. The iTunes one will be easy because it has the same sort of shape to it (buttons on the left, display in the middle...).
Last edited by Blake on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
gab

Post by gab »

I like the itunes look (U use an itunes skin for MM2) so I would definitely be interested in an itunes for MM3.
plinge

Post by plinge »

I'd like an Itunes skin too :wink:
Morten

Post by Morten »

I would recommend that you modify my skin (called iTunes). You'll need a player-skin which I can help you with if you want me to.
nojac

Post by nojac »

I was looking for an iTunes-style skin for MM3. The Royal Grey is my preferred so far. Those who like iTunes will find this much better than the standard Royal Blue. Good job, blakeloth1 (What about making "Royal Steel"?)
Last edited by nojac on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blake

Post by Blake »

Morten9300 wrote:I would recommend that you modify my skin (called iTunes). You'll need a player-skin which I can help you with if you want me to.
Yes I agree but there is also brushed steel/monkey.
I could make a poll
Morten

Post by Morten »

Could I see a screenshot of Royal Grey?
Blake

Post by Blake »

Of course
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

See here for a screenshot of the iTunes-style skins.

Imho the original BrushedSteel (with the blue scrollbars) looks most like iTunes.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

I have to disagree with that. Reference shot;

http://blog.angelsworld.de/wp-content/u ... s7_002.jpg

If I add the iTunes player, change the scrollbars, the Navigation tree-color and the "Name", "Track", "Album"-buttons, I will have something much more similar to the iTunes skin. I will prove you wrong, because it won't take me long time to make a iTunes 7 look-alike skin. Brushed Steel must fix these things;

1) Menu background
2) Scroll
3) System-buttons (Close, Minimize)
4) The general buttons in "Options" for example.

I mean, it's a great skin, but it hasn't the shine of iTunes.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Oh I See.

"Brushed Steel" and "Brushed Monkey" seem to be based on older versions of iTunes (6 or below?) and yours "iTunes (the one by Morten9300)" seems to be based on the newest iTunes 7.

I wish that I could undo my vote :wink: but I can't. So as a "new" iTunes skin I choose whatever fits best (yours), but I do like the (older) brushed iTunes looks too.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Morten

Post by Morten »

My skin is based on the sixth version. The new 7 actually has Vista-buttons in Windows Vista. I'm currently gaining resources from the iTunes 7 and will give you a functional player design within the week.
epithetless

Post by epithetless »

Morten9300 wrote:My skin is based on the sixth version. The new 7 actually has Vista-buttons in Windows Vista. I'm currently gaining resources from the iTunes 7 and will give you a functional player design within the week.
Glad to hear it! Your current version of "iTunes" is my skin of choice for MM 2.5.
Morten

Post by Morten »

epithetless wrote:
Morten9300 wrote:My skin is based on the sixth version. The new 7 actually has Vista-buttons in Windows Vista. I'm currently gaining resources from the iTunes 7 and will give you a functional player design within the week.
Glad to hear it! Your current version of "iTunes" is my skin of choice for MM 2.5.
Glad to hear that you like it!

Preview build of player;
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15949