Bluetooth Sync

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

Freexe

Bluetooth Sync

Post by Freexe »

I've recently bought a new phone (with GB memory card and a decent media player on it) which has bluetooth, is it possible to sync via bluetooth, or use some other program to sync for me?

It would be cool to auto sync with my device whenever I'm around my computer.

I've read alittle bit about it, but have no idea how hard it would be to use the Windows or Widcomm drivers for bluetooth file uploads.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated
Richard
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

If your computer has bluetooth and you have the drivers installed, you might be able to use the phone as "external hard drive" if your phone supports that. However, most phones don't support this and they force you to use their software.
Can you use your phone as external hard drive in Windows?
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
Freexe

Post by Freexe »

I can use my phone as a mass storage device via the usb cable, but not via bluetooth (as my phone k800i doesn't support that). But it would (i think) work with the standard drivers sending over one file at a time.

I think I will just have to use the usb
Peke

Post by Peke »

@Freexe
If transfer is to slow.
The cheapest thing you can do is to buy Card reader and use it to sync with Card.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Freexe

Post by Freexe »

USB works fine, I just liked the idea of it swapping music over while I just sit near one of my computers (I have bluetooth on all of them but not the cable)