Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Nope.. Faulty CPU FAN!!!!

There you go. Now replaced and I should be back in business.... and testing v5.02
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i replaced my cpu fan about 3 years ago?

and i replaced a case fan last year. i also added a 6 inch fan in the case
side so i can't tell if the cpu fan is working now or not

as i taped all the air holes in the case except the front and where
the fan's are alt.

so its a shotgun air flow effect. the noise is like a vacume cleaner
i could hold a balloon by the fan and let it blow it up.

but the temp in the system is cool i just can't tell if the fans are all
working or not since i got that big fan.

last time it went out i got a jerky mouse and all kinds of shutdown now
alerts but i have not got any yet so i thinkit still is working or
the big fan is cooling every thing off.
:roll: :P 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I've considering getting an extra fan in the box myself, but at the moment the CPU keeps it's cool at around 50 degree Celsius that should be alright.

Still don't like this version 5.02 though, currently experimenting and believe I should have the 'ultra fast' stuff happening again. Timed to 0-47 milliseconds, that's alright. Haven't got the time to put it all together at the moment, but after Christmas sometime I guess something new should be here.
Miki

Post by Miki »

Dont want to be a pain again, but ... :D
All was working till a few days ago.
Somethings got confused, and the script seems to be seeing some songs as unplayed, so rating them as 3 stars on a full play, these songs have been played already, so says the play counter :)

Can't think of much else really, I havent installed any scripts recently that would change the behaviour, or any of the options in the scripts itself.
Song was rated at 2 stars, with 1 play, when it was played, and skipped the next time, it jumped to 3 stars.

Other than that though, great script :)

Just holla if you need anymore info :)

Mike.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i'll answer part of your message for him i am sure he will agree.

" Your not a pain "

A pain would be a person that complains but never says what is wrong.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

That's for SURE! Certainly not a pain at all.

I'll tell you what's a pain. lol! That is to have a computer that doesn't behave, and that seems to be my situation at the moment.

I cannot use version 5.x due to some problems with my machine, and I have been writing the script like 10 times over since then to avoid whatever problem I have here.

Then I went on to creating a tiny! script, and I still had problems. I found it weird that nobody complained about the script. Then went onto using older version of the script, and I guess that's when the light finally went on... something is wrong with my machine...

So basically, that you say it's a great script, just made my day!. Since now I'm _sure_ I need to do an overhaul of my machine!.

This script does by the way read the core playcounter, that is not really visible in MediaMonkey. I was a puzzled what to do there, use visible, or core.

That would possibly explain your mystery with those 2 star songs. Or it could be the logic used in that area.

Songs rated below your 'Skip at first play' will receive an upgrade to the closest whole star up.

Songs rated between 'Skip at first play' and 'Played first time' should be play rated.

You sort of have to balance the Skip at first play, Played first time, and the numbers used for the Playcount rating table to see the logic.

Thanks again for clearing things up for me. Very much appreciated!
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

oops maybe its that pizza and beer i tried to fax you? :P :P :roll: :wink:
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you for the pizza and beer mate! Just had to unfax them, and it was a great meal!

I cannot believe my luck here. Just found that my HDD Spin Down timer was set for 3 minutes!!. Basically whenever a new song started, the HDDs had to spin up again, and that would be the choking effect that I had noticed. Pretty embarrassing.. lol..

Ahh well, shit happens. Can now remember setting the HDD spin down timer awhile back, in order to test some new HDDs. Glad to finally have found the cause of my problem though.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

just in time to see that SQL scripts might be needing reauthored due to the reason of multiple artists and other stuff now being supported in media monkey version 3.

check out this thread if you have not already

8)
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14481
Miki

Post by Miki »

I've started getting this error since installation of MonkeyRok 1.0.

But don't know if there is any relation between the 2.

Error happens on starup, with tracks in the Now Playing list.

This is happening in .991
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i got that error also just about the same line?

and i am using the custom script he made for me.

so i am guessing but i think them sql errors are showing. cause why after
a year of working would it all of a sudden not be able to find the database table?

:o
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you for that supporting message Roving Cowboy.

Strange errror really, as according to the error message, you have skipped a song that was not on the 'now playing' list in the first place. Need another coffee to figure whatever happened there.

BTW, is this a one-off message, or have it happened more than once ?

Added:
Hey, shouln't anwer messages before the second coffee.. See you say it is at startup only. Sort of make a bit more sense now.

Must somehow be related to that MM is a bit too busy with other stuff during start-up, and cannot do it all. There are ways around that, like say something like.. If you're ready MM, otherwise I'll wait a bit.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

mine only happened once the other day.

but then the next day thursday. monkey played a song the crashed and closed the whole monkey program upon ending of the song.

now what caused that i don't know but rating is the only script i think i have that runs at the end of the song that would cause a lot of stuff to happen. that might crash monkey. but like i said the script is the custom one you did for me and it is just now acting up with the rc 5 beta version in the beta room. so i think they changed something in the database or in monkey's exe now.

:-? :o
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Well, that makes sense, since it'be been running for almost a year with no problem.

There is a RC v6 available at the moment, v2.5.5.992. Don't know if that will make a difference.

@Miki
Wonder if this would do the trick for that Startup only problem on line #52

Code: Select all

Sub AutoRateSong
If Not SDB.isRunning Then Exit Sub
A cheap trick that might work. Basically if MM is not fully loaded, it shouldn't do this AutoRateSong sub.

Another line that can be added to prevent this startup problem. Line#255

Code: Select all

Function IPL(d,x)
         IPL=False
If Len(d)=0 Or Len(x)=0 Or d<1 Or x<0 Then Exit Function
shinto

winamp support

Post by shinto »

hey, i've been enjoying your script very much :D

i currently prefer to use winamp over the built-in player, since it is more robust in its support of advanced sound features (using SqrSoft's plugin would cause troubles and crashes; and the built in player would often get 'stuck' or had graphic problems even without it).

However winamp's play / skip events aren't supported in MM, and your script becomes useless :(

Does it depend on MM - winamp integration, or are there some unexplored VB features that could be used to apply this script?

If it depends on the next MM version - what is the prognosis for winamp integration in the near future?

I'm not a regular in the forums, and I just found your script about a week ago.