Auto Rating of Songs & Radio Announcer v5.02 [Script]

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

Mthrsuperior

Post by Mthrsuperior »

Getting warmer! :lol:

The good news is I'm not getting error messages and it's rating songs after the first play.
Bad news is that it's not rating skipped songs.

I haven't tested anything else yet.

Truth is, skipped ratings don't matter so much to me so I'm a happy camper but I thought you'd like to know.

Thanks a lot for this.
I really appreciate it
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you finding that bug.

I see it jump over the skip rating when you have Skip Rating set to Zero.
Will fix that sometime on Monday.

Added... Monday too busy to get around to it.. as soon as time allow.. basically..
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Think I got it right in all sorts of situations this time. A lot of though have gone into it, so it should be there, or at least very close by now.

Version 5.01 is available on the first page, to replace version v 4.12

The file \Scripts\AutoRateSongs.vbs can now be removed if you had v4.12 before. (plus all the .old files if you like, they are only backups of earlier versions)
Mthrsuperior

Post by Mthrsuperior »

Skip Ratings are working now. :P

Thanks a lot.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thats great, and thanking you all for helping making this script even better.

BTW, if by some reason anyone wants to change the menu item, that says, 'Turn both off for X minutes'

That minute part can be tweaked, by going to the AutoRateSongsOptionSheet.vbs, and change # minutes in the very top of the script. The script basically reads the number there, whatever it is and converts it to minutes.

After restart of MM, you should get your own values there if you like.
tinny

Post by tinny »

with latest updated version, I get sometimes this error (necessary object) :cry:

Miki

Post by Miki »

So do i, but only sometimes, as you said :)
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Hi, thank you for that info.

Line 264, Column 4
have to do with modified Now Playing playlists, modified song position, things like that.

When reviewing that function now, I see it is a bit too optimistic.

For now, could you please just replace the function IPL(d,x) in \Auto\AutoRateSongs.vbs at the very end of the script.

Code: Select all

Function IPL(d,x)
        IPL=False ...
    ... Next
End Function
with this

Code: Select all

Function IPL(d,x)
         IPL=False
     Set dbT=SDB.Player.CurrentSongList
       c=dbT.Count-1
    If c<1 Then Exit Function
    If dbT.Item(0).ID=d Then IPL=True:Exit Function End If
    If x>c Then x=c
    If dbT.Item(x).ID=d Then IPL=True:Exit Function End If
    m=200:l=x-m/2:u=x+m/2
    If l<0 Then u=u+Abs(l):l=l+Abs(l) End If
    If u>c Then l=l-(u-c):u=c End If
    If l<0 Then l=0
    For i=l To u
    If dbT.Item(i).ID=d Then IPL=True:Exit For End If
    Next
End Function

Otherwise, I'll attend this towards the weekend, and give this part some more attention and update the script.

I believe the code could need some fine tuning too, in order to operate with a very 'light foot'... At the moment it seems like on my machine that MM have a bit too much to at a track change. Wonder if you experience something similar?
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

BTW, I just updated the install file on the server to have this fix. This is only related changing playlists.

Now when I believe the mechanics of this script is OK, I'd like to tune it up to do as little as possible, but still get the job done. Can be a bit of a puzzle to get right.

Added: Had a look and have found two ways to make the script smarter/smooter/faster so a better version should come out of this maybe this weekend.

I feel the end is near... :lol:
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I'm pleased to announce that v5.01 going to have a very short life time.

v5.01 works logically well, but doesn't work all that well in 'real life' on my machine. It made me look into alternate ways to do it, and I found one way that will totally change how this script operate.

Hope to put it all together this weekend. If anyone else experience the lack of 'light foot' properties with v5.01 please let me know, as I'm curious if it's only on my machine there's a problem.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

I just added a link to version 4.12 in the main page for now.

I'm still puzzled with a 'choking problem' on my machine, and I'm not sure what it is. Will be trying v4.12 for the next couple of days

I'd appreciate to know if anyone have problem with v5.01?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thanks to every one that said about this chocking trouble.

i am glad it was not me that said it first.

but i too am finding that there are lots of things going on when changing songs.

not just because of this one script but all the others and all the normal stuff.

i been getting some strange errors relating to things crashing.
but just thought it was my computer.

i got some stopped by going to
http://www.microsoft.com/Directx
and downloading the latest update for it. from october 2006

that update said it updates all versions of directx.

try that if it don't work then look for a microsoft run time update.
for your system.

if those don't fix it then
not for diddeleedoo only but for all scripters.

if your script you are doing does not have anything to do with the playing
of the next or current song. but is just finding info about it. then is it possible
to make the scripts wait for half to a full second or more after the song
starts playing. to start the scripts chore?

if they are already doing that then how about making it 2 or 3 seconds.?
that would give enough time for the slower cpu's to get the song playing first.

i don't know if that would be possible to do with scripts maybe the dev's will have to code some sort of script pause in to monkey?

:-? :o

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Thank you for your replay RC,

I haven't tried any MS updates, as I see no need for them. But I have tried this particular scripts in all kinds of configurations, with delays, and an absolute minimum happening at the change of song moment. Down to just about nothing.

MM already feature a delay for scripts if using the OnPlay event. That one is about 0.6 seconds delayed.

Even tried a version that distributed the tasks during song play. The problem is that I have done a few updates, and added new hardware, so I cannot really pin point the problem at this moment.

That's why I would find it useful to know if anyone have no problems at all with version 5.01

However, I found I had a similar problem when using 4.12, which indicate that it's related to something else. Still trouble shooting here. Maybe it's my sound card driver again. That one do get 'sick' once in awhile, and need a reset.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Ahhh, seems to be a sound card + out_plug-in problem. Looks like that at the moment.

Reset the sound card drivers, set the out_plug-in to normal settings, and things are looking a whole lot better.

Seems like these plug-ins also have their say... sound card drivers, and all that.
DiddeLeeDoo

Post by DiddeLeeDoo »

Naa, still problems. Have done some switches that might help the problem in version 5.02. Will try that for the next couple of days.