Synching Album Art to iPod Video 30g

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dmorand

Synching Album Art to iPod Video 30g

Post by dmorand »

I've read the forums regarding the issues with getting album art onto the new version iPod, but I seem to not be making any progress.

I have the artwork saved to my mp3 files, and I can view them in MM. I had a square show up on my iPod but no artwork, so I read a few threads on here which people had the same issue and someone mentioned to Rebuild Device Database. I did that and now ALL my artwork is gone.

Is it not possible to get the artwork in MM onto my iPod?
misfit34

Post by misfit34 »

I have the same problem it wont automatically put the album art for me just a blank box on ipod when played anyone have help ive spent countless hours trying to fix this and no luck. :(
ABSOLUTEFATE

arghhhhhhhh

Post by ABSOLUTEFATE »

yeah somebody help me with these problem plz argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
jiri

Post by jiri »

If this happens after you clear iPod and newly synchronize tracks from MM to iPod, then generate a debug log and e-mail it to us together with DB files from iPod (as described in other threads).

Jiri

Album art

Post by 123 »

For album art to show up on IPOD, you need to set the Image Type property to Not Specified under the Album Art tab.
Hube

Post by Hube »

But is there a way to set the Image Type Property to "not specified" for all files, or does it have to be an album at a time?

Hube
almo

Post by almo »

after i add files to ipod with MM i open itunes (newest version) and it goes through the process of checking songs for gapless. After it does this all of the album art then shows up on ipod.
mmfan

Post by mmfan »

almo wrote:after i add files to ipod with MM i open itunes (newest version) and it goes through the process of checking songs for gapless. After it does this all of the album art then shows up on ipod.
this is what i've been doing with my nano 2g. although i updated ipod to the 1.1.1 software and could see the album art on the ipod, this problem started happening the first time i erased all the songs from my ipod through MM and uploaded some others...

MM and itunes can view the ablum art, the images in the tags are saved as "not specified" and i still have this problem.

Album Art

Post by 123 »

Unfortunately, I had to go through each song at a time and then set the Album Art property to "Not Specified". I am using the latest version of Media Monkey 2.5.4 and I don't use ITunes.

Post by Guest »

I forgot what version I was using, and had the same problem with the album art. All I did was search this forum and there was a thread with a new ipod.dll file, updated the file and all my problems where solved, MM, works very good with ipod video. Too bad I took back the ipod, couldn't stand the SQ. I will be buying a ZUNE today, hopefully there will be support soon.

Post by Guest »

i had a look for this thread but couldn't find.

could someone point me to it or to somewhere I can find this ipod.dll file. cheers.
Hube

Post by Hube »

Can't find the thread either. But what almo said about loading the ipod on MM then doing gapless on itunes does work. It's just a hassle. Any better ideas?
almo

Post by almo »

managed to find this thread with ipod.dll file on it. Not sure if it only works with nano though. Any ideas?