How to build a playlist in MM to use on iPod?

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

dmorand

How to build a playlist in MM to use on iPod?

Post by dmorand »

I've been trying to create a playlist in MM to use on my iPod, but when I sync it up with my iPod it looks like it's transferring files to my iPod. Shouldn't it only sync up the playlist file?

Are you not able to create a playlist in MM with already existing tracks on the iPod?
dmorand

Post by dmorand »

Anyone have any info??

I don't have any playlists on my ipod. I want to make them from the music on my ipod in MM, but when I do it creates duplicates.

What am I doing wrong??
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
dmorand

Post by dmorand »

Thanks!!
cycler26

Post by cycler26 »

I have the same question. Is there a way to create a playlist from the music I have only on my ipod. When I create a playlist in MM, it duplicates the files on the ipod, i.e., when it syncs, it transfers another copy of the song to the ipod. Is there a simple way to transfer only the playlist, and not a complete copy of the mp3 file to the ipod?
James

If engineers built buildings like programmers write programs, a woodpecker could end civilization as we know it.
Nova5

Post by Nova5 »

Is there a way to sync AutoPlaylists to the IPOD? currently it doesn't do that. and just duplicates the song on the Ipod. once for the general library, and once every time its in an auto playlist. ive got 6900 some songs in the library, and in the Autoplaylists that exist are another 500 it seems, because the total tracks on the IPOD is 7400 some....
sant430

Post by sant430 »

I have a question. Will this allow me to follow the same syncing process for my ipods, and my X5? I'd like to be able to use the same playlists for my different players. I've got a Karma too, and I don't think MM will work with it. I"m hoping someone here can correct me!!
Santiago