"Access Violation" Error with Ipod

Get answers about syncing MediaMonkey 4 with iPods and other devices.

Moderator: Gurus

jbird

"Access Violation" Error with Ipod

Post by jbird »

Ipod syncs, but whenever I click on it I get "Access Violation at adress xxxx in Module 'mediamonkey.exe'" I can't do anything with the ipod songs then... how do I fix it?
jiri

Post by jiri »

Please e-mail a debug log as described here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69

Jiri
jbird123

bug script

Post by jbird123 »

Well I installed the program, and the bug reader read around 80 operations at start up, but when the error comes up, it doesn't add any operation, it's like it's blocked before the program does anything. Kinda makes me think it's not the program.

Here's the exact windows error message that comes up when I click on my ipod:
"Access violation at address 0042152B in module 'MediaMonkey.exe'. Read of address 0000000C."

Can you deduct anything from this info? Thanks.
jiri

Post by jiri »

Please e-mail the log you captured after you start MediaMonkey_Debug.exe.

Jiri
rovingcowboy

Re: bug script

Post by rovingcowboy »

jbird123 wrote:Well I installed the program, and the bug reader read around 80 operations at start up, but when the error comes up, it doesn't add any operation, it's like it's blocked before the program does anything. Kinda makes me think it's not the program.

Here's the exact windows error message that comes up when I click on my ipod:
"Access violation at address 0042152B in module 'MediaMonkey.exe'. Read of address 0000000C."

Can you deduct anything from this info? Thanks.
yeah i can

something is blocking media monkey from reading that part of the memory.

but jiri or rusty or one of the other devleopers can find out what if you send them the debug log like he wishes for. :wink: 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Al

I'm getting the exact same error message with my iPod mini

Post by Al »

Even the addresses in the error dialog are the same. Happens whenever I click on my iPod mini node in MM. Any updates on what's causing this?

Cheers
Alan
heinimuecki

Post by heinimuecki »

it's discussed in the bug report forum too. and as rovingcowboy said something in the memory that depends to the ipod is blocking it (i'm not a programmer, so i don't know exactly what's going on in the memory :) ).
but to bypass this error you can try the following:
1. open notepad type in some text, mark it and copy it (ctrl-c), or
2. open explorer mark a file (doesn't matter wich file, but it could make sense not do take an important one) hit ctrl-c key

after that your ipod should be accessible

maybe this helps
CaptainC

Post by CaptainC »

heinimuecki wrote:it's discussed in the bug report forum too. and as rovingcowboy said something in the memory that depends to the ipod is blocking it (i'm not a programmer, so i don't know exactly what's going on in the memory :) ).
but to bypass this error you can try the following:
1. open notepad type in some text, mark it and copy it (ctrl-c), or
2. open explorer mark a file (doesn't matter wich file, but it could make sense not do take an important one) hit ctrl-c key

after that your ipod should be accessible

maybe this helps

Wow !! Yes, that tip does work - thanks :)