Play an URL in MM's built-in player?

Download and get help for different MediaMonkey for Windows 4 Addons.

Moderators: Peke, Gurus

revbob

Play an URL in MM's built-in player?

Post by revbob »

You may remember how Steegy built a neat little script that lets people store their favorite online streams under NetRadio and play them on WinAmp. Now for phase II (Steegy? Are you there?). I can't figure out how to send an URL to the builtin player. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't figure it out. Anyone?

Thanks.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Unfortunately MediaMonkey doesn't seem mature enough to support this (and properly). In fact, that's the first thing I tried when I made the script, instead of opening the stream in Winamp.
So I posted a script functionality request in the scripts forum. Hopefully this will be implemented some day so the script can be improved to use the built-in playing mechanism for MediaMonkey.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
revbob

Post by revbob »

Thanks, mate. I imagine you tried next what I tried: open MediaMonkey as the player app via Shell.Run(). No joy there, either.

Speaking of functionality, how about some way to save a stream on the MM tree? Getting MSIE and MSIE's Favorites involved in that is the kind of design an old friend used to call "agricultural."

But given the ability to save streams in the tree (and maybe create folders too), we could do away with the whole StreamsTree thing and everybody could save their own bookmarks.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Actually I only listen to about 5 internet radio stations (always the same) so I don't really have the feeling with what's missing now.
But you mean you would like a "stream favourites" submenu (with folder structure, and orginisable like in IE (and copy-cats))? That seems do-able. But not for now for me at least.

But as I already mentioned in one of the first posts we had about the subject: let's see what the future MM version brings, instead of doing possibly useless work.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).