Random bug when hovering over menu items [#20946]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Random bug when hovering over menu items [#20946]

Post by tbm72 »

I've seen this bug lots of times before but never bothered reporting it as it's quite random. I'll usually see it the first time when running after there's a new update of MM and then it doesn't usually appear again until the next update.

Today I saw it after changing skin to the default Material Design one. What happens is that after first run after update (or after changing skin) whenever I hover over any of the menu items (e.g. File/Edit/View etc) the menu dropdown area is blank and fills the whole screen vertically like this:

Usually quitting and restarting makes it go away and everything is OK again but today I also got this error:

Again, when I quit and restart it's all OK again but I can often replicate by switching skin to Material and restarting.
Lowlander

Re: Random bug when hovering over menu items

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you seeing this on?
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:27 pm Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you seeing this on?
Latest version (2024.0.0.3021) but I see it whenever there's an update, probably for the last 6 months at least.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

If upgrades are the primary cause, start DebugView before you do a first run of the next available update.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the report! This appears to be a casualty of some of the memory optimization work we've recently done. Tracking at:
https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20946

-Rusty
tbm72

Re: Random bug when hovering over menu items [#20946]

Post by tbm72 »

The bug seems to be marked as fixed but exactly same thing happened again after updating to today's latest version (3027). First time after launching the menus were all blank and full height vertically. Then after trying to click some of the menu options I got this crash:

Had to force quit and launch again and everything was fine. Always seem to happen to me on first launch after a new update, after that it doesn't happen again until next update.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks! We'll look into the crashlog that you submitted.

-Rusty
Peke

Post by Peke »

tbm72 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:19 am Image
This is strange, dxgi.dll is external DLL tied to GPU rendering (eg. DirectX Graphical Interface) that is related to GPU rather than MM (file is non existent in MM folder) and from what I read online it is common issue on some games.

May I ask you to create support ticket, so that we can handle it in more details?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts