No underscore when it should, just a "&"

If you want to translate MediaMonkey to your local language...

Moderators: rusty, Gurus

Dr.Sol

Language bug: "Install in portable mode"

Post by Dr.Sol »

Hi

When installing 3018, a dialog comes where you should select place to install. One of the texts "Install in portable mode" is not translated in that dialog.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Language bug "Skins" not translated

Post by Dr.Sol »

Hi

In 3018, the drop down list "Show" one of the item is selection of skin, however, the "Skins"-text is not translated.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Language bug "Smooth seek"

Post by Dr.Sol »

Hi

In 3018, settings, sound output plugins, configure, the selection box "Smooth seek" is not translated.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

No underscore when it should, just a "&"

Post by Dr.Sol »

Hi

In 3018, the translation of "&Play in MediaMonkey" to swedish was "S&pela i MediaMonkey", and I think it should be an underscore under the p in "Spela", but the text shown in settings - OS-integration is "S&pela i MediaMonkey" with an "&" sign. What is wrong?
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Re: No underscore when it should, just a "&"

Post by Dr.Sol »

It's the same in settings-performance-use several cpu-kernels-Autoconvert. In the swedish translation, the text shown to the user is "&Autokonvertering". Shouldn't it be an underscore under the "A"?
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

"Browse" not translated

Post by Dr.Sol »

In 3018: Settings-player-streaming-"Cache remote content when streaming:" it is a "Browse"-button to the right. The text "Browse" in that button is not translated. It is the same problem in other browse buttons as well.
MM-Gold user since 2005
Dr.Sol

Toolbar items not translated

Post by Dr.Sol »

In 3018, Settings - toolbar, several actions is not translated. Some of them doesn't look to be in weblate either.
For example:
"Audio cd-burn" (not in weblate)
"Auto increment track" (not in weblate)
"Case checker" (in weblate, but the translation is not used)
"File list" (in weblate, but the translation is not used)
"Statistics..." ("Statistics" with no dots exists in weblate, but the translation is not used?)
"Export all playlists..." (text with no dots exists in weblate, but the translation is not used?)
"Export subscribed podcasts..." (text with no dots exists in weblate, but the translation is not used?)
"View" (in weblate, but the translation is not used)
MM-Gold user since 2005
MiPi

Re: No underscore when it should, just a "&"

Post by MiPi »

Install in portable mode - this text is included in Swedish install file. This file is not translated through Weblate, we'll figure out how to deal with it. TBD.

"Skins" - please correct it in Weblate, there is Swedish translation of "Skin" as "Skins".

"Smooth seek" - investigating, it seem there was older version of Swedish translation file online (without changes from the last ~3 months), will be fixed soon

""&Play in MediaMonkey" - there are two strings in Weblate, "&Play in MediaMonkey" which is correctly translated as "S&pela i MediaMonkey", but OS-integration has string "Play in MediaMonkey" (without &), which is translated as "S&pela i MediaMonkey" in Weblate and this is wrong, it should be translated to the version without "&".

"Auto-conversion" - this string is not used for quick access in menus and should not contain "&" at all, in Weblate for SV lang. string "Auto-conversion" is translated as "&Autokonvertering", that is why it is used with & in the dialog.

"Browse" - again caused by older Swedish translation file online, will be fixed soon.
MiPi

Re: Toolbar items not translated

Post by MiPi »

Dr.Sol wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:12 am In 3018, Settings - toolbar, several actions is not translated. Some of them doesn't look to be in weblate either.
For example:
"Audio cd-burn" (not in weblate)
"Auto increment track" (not in weblate)
"Case checker" (in weblate, but the translation is not used)
"File list" (in weblate, but the translation is not used)
"Statistics..." ("Statistics" with no dots exists in weblate, but the translation is not used?)
"Export all playlists..." (text with no dots exists in weblate, but the translation is not used?)
"Export subscribed podcasts..." (text with no dots exists in weblate, but the translation is not used?)
"View" (in weblate, but the translation is not used)
"View" will be fixed with the updated translation file.
The rest I cannot reproduce - I do not have such untranslated strings there, tried with SV locale. Do you reproduce it with clean portable installation? The strings are suspicious, it looks like you have some other versions of some scripts there.