Files in playlist "cant be found"...?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Tough_Choices

Files in playlist "cant be found"...?

Post by Tough_Choices »

Reinvested in MMW yesterday, this time Lifetime Gold. Beginning to wish I hadn't.

The crossfade feature doesn't seem to work as easily as my last version (possibly 3 Gold...? Would that be right, from about 15 years ago?)

More importantly, I have three Playlists on the go as I work between a shortlist in one and use that to compile a selection of music totalling circa 50 minutes in each of the others for a two hour radio show I do.

Now, twice today I have gone to play the music files (MP3-320) in those playlists only to be told that they are inaccessible, resulting in me having to do the 'Add/Rescan files' procedure to load them again.

[Strangely, this happened with my old set up, when I had been recently forced to use MM5 Free, prompting me, in a fit of near rage, to give the green light to a not inconsiderable spend on upgrading the internals of my PC and recommitting to MMW again.]

This situation is not ideal for many reasons. Any ideas why it might be happening?
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Optiarc AD-5290S 24X SATA DVD/RW Dual Layer Burner Drive
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Tough_Choices

Re: Files in playlist "cant be found"...?

Post by Tough_Choices »

I should add that at least one of these instances happened after MM was closed (accidentally). So, when restarting, that was when the files got 'wiped'.
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Crossfading is a more recent addition to MediaMonkey, so you may have used a third party Addon in the past.

Please details how the files are stored and tell us which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey you're using?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Tough_Choices wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:28 pm I should add that at least one of these instances happened after MM was closed (accidentally). So, when restarting, that was when the files got 'wiped'.
MM do not delete tracks on its own, it is forbidden in MM code. Behavior you describe is strange. do you use Portable or Normal installation? Where original source MP3 and playlist files reside?
As for crossfading pleas elet us know if any of Lowlander suggestion makes issues?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Tough_Choices

Post by Tough_Choices »

Just happened again after a restart after installing Creative's Sound Blaster Command software, but this time the whole library became inaccessible, so is now undergoing a rescan/add!

Peke - It's a Normal Installation. The only files on there are MP3 (320kbps) stored on an internal SSD drive.

Lowlander - This is a new system, introduced to me yesterday, so all new components. See my 'bio'/sign-off below for what I think are the relevant details. If further info would be helpful, let me know and I'll try to provide.

Powering down for the night now, but will check-in in the morning before speaking to the guy who built the system for me...see if he knows anything.
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Tough_Choices

Post by Tough_Choices »

and the 'build' is 5.0.5.2695
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please try with the latest MediaMonkey 2024 beta and see if the files not found issue persists.
Tough_Choices

Post by Tough_Choices »

Thank you for the link, but I'm kinda new here and don't know exactly which option available on that thread will be the right one for me...
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Tough_Choices

Post by Tough_Choices »

Plus, it still doesn't explain why I get the pop-up window saying: "Playback failed: [...file source info here...] is inaccessible."

I can't seem to get a screen shot to transfer to this dialogue box, hence the quotation marks.
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Either is fine. The debug version will allow you to debug if the problem is still present.
Tough_Choices

Post by Tough_Choices »

Gonna fess up here, Lowlander...but I wouldn't know where to start with such a thing. I can download, and I can install, and I can use the basics of MM to catalogue and play back my music, but 'debugging'...?

Believe me, I'd like to have that knowledge, and the confidence to apply it, but if I get despondent and close to rage with frustration at why a system I've used happily for years with no issues has to go and change, and blocks access to files which were there before sleep mode was applied, or before the programme was closed, then I don't think I can face it if something goes awry with a beta trial.
That said, do you reckon it will tackle the problem?
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It would depend on what the source of the problem is, but yes, that's the expectation.
Tough_Choices

Post by Tough_Choices »

Thank you Lowlander. Your time, attention and advice are much appreciated.

I downloaded the non-debug version and will report back in a few days with any observations.

Cheers.
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Tough_Choices

Post by Tough_Choices »

Hi Lowlander.

A wee update since my last post: I downloaded and installed the non-debug version of MMW 2024 and, thus far, there have been no further issues. So, thanks for the tip.

I'm sure as I get more into using the app (and occasional tipsy accidental keystrokes result in changes in settings :oops: , I'll be back on with more questions.

For now, though, it's back to making playlists for my radio show.

Adios.
relevant kit:
ASRock B650M-HDV/M.2
AMD Ryzen 5 7500
Soundblaster AE-7
Windows 11 Pro 64bit