Mac Music to Win MM. Ratings?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Urshulthasse

Mac Music to Win MM. Ratings?

Post by Urshulthasse »

Sorry to bother you with the simplest question but I just have to make sure before I buy….
Can MediaMonkey on a PC import all my music and playlists from the ”music app” on my Mac… Including File Ratings and Play History… without first saving those tags to the files?
Lowlander

Re: Mac Music to Win MM. Ratings?

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can import certain data from iTunes on the same PC, but not from another PC.
Urshulthasse

Post by Urshulthasse »

So the File Ratings and Play History on my Mac are forever lost... no way at all they can be transfered to Windows/PC?
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

I just took a look at my Mac Book and launched Music. Unfortunately, my Music library is empty. However, I do see that Apple allows for library export to XML. It probably includes ratings in this export, but I cannot be sure having an empty library.

XML export means that you would be able to generate playlists that are compatible with MMW5. I do this now for all of my playlists. MMW5 stores ratings that are not compatible with my batch tag editor, and I have to convert them all. I use XML technology to get this done.

Send me a private message. If it's simple enough, I can assist so that you do not lose anything.