Playlists on a flash drive?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Arafel

Re: Playlists on a flash drive?

Post by Arafel »

When I look at the drive on Explorer, it has a music folder, then each album. Is there a way to have MM sync it as Music > Artist > Album > Track?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It depends on how you setup Location in the Sync Profile.
Arafel

Post by Arafel »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:51 pm You'll need to investigate (or experiment) what the device supports regarding Playlists. MediaMonkey has different options on how to Sync Playlists.
I mean, I know that, but I was hoping someone could tell me what I need to set the sync settings too to accomplish that. Earlier, you suggested <album artist 1> to set up letters for each album, so it's albums under A-Z.

Currently, the drive is filed as:

Album artists-album when I look in Explorer. That means there is a separate folder for each album under Music. For instance, for the Grateful Dead, of whom I have 30 or so albums, there are 30 folders, one for each album, labeled Grateful Dead - Album title.

I'd like the structure to have each artist be the first folder under Music, and then subfolders under the artists for each album. Any ideas of how I'd have to adjust the sync settings?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Change - to \ in between the artist and album values in the Mask.
Arafel

Post by Arafel »

That worked, as long as I put artist in the master field, instead of a subfolder. Looks great now! Hopefully it indexes right on the stereo!

Thanks for everyone's help.