Files have duplicate artist names - ideas?

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Matt001

Files have duplicate artist names - ideas?

Post by Matt001 »

Hello guys, New to MM, added music library files but in MM all albums have the artist duplicated. For various artists albums it means going track by track to remove the duplicate. Is there a way to remove duplicate artists in the properties of each file (not duplicate music files)?
Appreciate the time on me
Lowlander

Re: Files have duplicate artist names - ideas?

Post by Lowlander »

Are the duplicates in different or the exact same Path? For the latter, which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey did this happen on?

For the former see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... icates/5.0
Matt001

Post by Matt001 »

Thanks Lowlander, it is build Media Monkey 5.0.4.2693
It seems like it would be same path rather than different because they're all duplicates in the same field
But I click on any album and the artist, album artist, composer are all written twice. Yet the files on the Windows PC (right-click properties, details) show the information only once. If you have hundreds of albums to click album then track and properties and remove a duplicate, takes so long I thought to try you guys (?)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The Path field will confirm if Paths are the same. Also if you play 1 copy, both will highlight if actual duplicate entries of the same file.

You may be sort on Added and remove duplicates this way (as presumably they're new). Make sure to never remove from PC when removing duplicate entries of the same file in MediaMonkey!
Matt001

Post by Matt001 »

Thank you Lowlander, I see you reply to a lot of folk (good on you). I don't know where the path would be but are you able to see the screenshot of what I meant by duplicates from this link please?
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/o9y5sowk ... 91r0c&dl=0
I got there by right-click properties on any song track. They all are like this. Btw, I have wide taste, this doesn't denote my music ahaha
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That screenshot shows a duplication in certain tags, not duplicate files in the MediaMonkey Library.

Did the files show this on first scan into the Library? If so, please provide an affected file to Support.
Matt001

Post by Matt001 »

Hello Lowlander, yes upon first scan into the library (the duplicate tags). I could ask support how to send an affected file but.. perhaps I'll just begin removing duplicate tags one field at a time, one track at a time and do it manually. I hoped for a quick automated removal but I'm sure other users have more support needs than removing duplicate tags. Thanks for the time on me.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Small files can be directly attached to the ticket, larger files need to be uploaded to a Cloud Service like OneDrive, and then you include the share link in your ticket.