Can you stream from MMA to Sonos [#14301]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Re: Can you stream from MMA to Sonos [#14301]

Post by tbm72 »

Thanks Peke, quick question though. As a few of us have mentioned, the app 'Hifi cast' on the Play Store is able to stream music from my phone instantly to my Sonos speaker.

I obviously don't understand the technical side of how casting works in Android but can't MMA do it in the same way?
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

I use the german teufel speakers and have also problems with casting (see my other posts).

What I see is that hifi cast looks completely the same as the teufel casting app (raumfeld). But raumfeld isn't able to play, search (and even to see) the genres like MMA2 do. Is this the same with hifi cast?
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Hifi Cast is able to see (and play) genres fine as well as playlists, artists, composers, years etc. It looks like there is 1 genre labelled "???" in my Hifi Cast so maybe it doesn't perfectly read MMA's library but other than that it works perfectly.

Please note, I'm not saying Hifi Cast is any kind of replacement for MMA! I only have it installed so that I can cast to my Sonos speaker. For everything else I use MMA 99% of the time (including casting to all the other Google devices in my house).
Zonky

Post by Zonky »

Thanks Peke for you reply! Highly appreciated as always :P
Peke wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:20 pm Sonos have native support for Spotify API and that is why it works,
So, both Spotify and Sonos interact with each other using this dedicated API or better: they communicate without the restricted Android API, right?

You answer means in turn, that there will be most probably no support for Sonos within MMA in future :-?

Michael
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

tbm72 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:15 am Please note, I'm not saying Hifi Cast is any kind of replacement for MMA! I only have it installed so that I can cast to my Sonos speaker. For everything else I use MMA 99% of the time (including casting to all the other Google devices in my house).
this is the same for me. But the only way for me to use the speaker atm is via bluetooth. And yes for the behavior of the genres is the same in the raumfeld app. So I think both raumfeld and hifi cast are the same with different colors.
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
Peke

Post by Peke »

Zonky wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:23 am You answer means in turn, that there will be most probably no support for Sonos within MMA in future
No, We tried, but for that we actually need to have Sonos devices to test and when we asked Sonos for help several times, I can mildly say they ignored us. So based on Sonos response mosty their users do not want to see MMA support Sonos (exclude users here). It is on lower priority as there is still much more features/fixes to do and Sonos support will be done along the way.

That said, yes, there should be Support for Sonos but when it will be available is unknown fact ATM. We are always Available to help any developer (unlike ...) to improve their way of listening and also help all MMA users.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
qjbikker2

Sonos

Post by qjbikker2 »

Is it not possible for the Android version to have a streaming capability to Sono just like the Windows 10 version?

Kind regards,
Krien Bikker
Last edited by Lowlander on Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
qjbikker2 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:53 am Is it not possible for the Android version to have a streaming capability to Sono just like the Windows 10 version?
Unfortunately not yet.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts