error messages frequently when playing music videos

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

railfan-eric

error messages frequently when playing music videos

Post by railfan-eric »

I have been having problems for two years or more with MM giving error messages every few songs playing music videos. It's annoying and i hate having to get up off the couch when I'm comfortable to click past the error messages. here it does it again. 3 times in 15 mins. wants to restart or restart in safe mode or continue this time. I clicked continue now the mouse disappears on the MM screen. how much longer will this be before it gets fixed? I checked for updates but it says there isn't any. i haven't been in the forum much this year so i don't know what's going on these days.
thanks
Lowlander

Re: error messages frequently when playing music videos

Post by Lowlander »

Does the same happen with the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Additionally, a screenshot of sent bug may help clarify this quicker what is going on.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Kottan

Post by Kottan »

Hi Peke,

I tried to integrate links to images according your instructions for my own post, but I always get a fault message and cannot edit my post. I strictly followed all steps described on your link, but it doesn't work.

I tried to add a screenshot of the fault message here, but it doesn't work for the same reason.
Last edited by Kottan on Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kind regards
Kottan
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
you can't attach image to post you need to paste Link as described above and in my signature.
Best regards,
Peke
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:33 am Does the same happen with the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta?
I forgot about my thread. just got back to it. . sorry i didn't reply back sooner. I just found the newest beta. got it installed. Not sure what new features was added. where can i see what new features was added in a nutshell?
I'll let you know if it still does it.
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Peke wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:07 pm Hi,
Additionally, a screenshot of sent bug may help clarify this quicker what is going on.
I took screenshots but this forum is old fashioned where you have to upload elsewhere and link it back. It won't let me upload the pictures the easy way like most forums these days. I'm not sure if using my Flickr account if i can link back from there.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
railfan-eric wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:56 am I'm not sure if using my Flickr account if i can link back from there.
You can just link img from Flickr or use imgbb as described in my signature to paste already formatted string to post.
Best regards,
Peke
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Peke wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:30 pm Hi,
railfan-eric wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:56 am I'm not sure if using my Flickr account if i can link back from there.
You can just link img from Flickr or use imgbb as described in my signature to paste already formatted string to post.
lets see if the screenshots load from Drive. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yhj0OL ... drive_link, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v51xPl ... drive_link
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Are you sure you are using latest beta from viewtopic.php?t=86639&sd=d ?
Best regards,
Peke
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Peke wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:07 pm Hi,
Are you sure you are using latest beta from viewtopic.php?t=86639&sd=d ?
using 2828 after the screenshots was taken.
also i notice now i don't get a progress bar currently while playing a playlist of music videos. i had a bunch of error messages earlier playing the playlist and i got one while moving a song on a now playing list while on shuffle. i don't have screenshots because i was busy and trying to get the videos to play. then it froze and i had to end task. it wouldn't play no matter what.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture these errors in a debug log (step 4b) with 2829 and attach the log(s) to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens on your setup.
railfan-eric

still bugs with video playback

Post by railfan-eric »

I'm trying to watch music videos but it still crashes or gives error messages every other video and i have to go back and replay each video. and it's annoying when i'm on the couch under a weighted blanket relaxing. i sent you the screenshots in the old post but still no response. and there's no progress bar for videos for the last few months. please fix all of this. this is the best program i can find that does playlists for music videos. I have one of the newer updates. the changelogs doesn't mention any of these problems. my other screen is stuck on a black screen after hearing the error message beep.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you send in the debug log as requested? If not, please do it with the latest 2024 build.
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:38 am Did you send in the debug log as requested? If not, please do it with the latest 2024 build.
I don't know if I saw all the replies about debugging. I guess I'll have to install the debug version then. and what about the progress bar missing when playing videos for the last few months? I was hoping it would be fixed in the new version.
looks like i had to check "Notify me when a reply is posted" in the options. No wonder i never get an email when you guys reply . then i forget to check the forum and miss replies.