Still Getting White Screen Freezes 2024.0.0.3003

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

Dryst

Still Getting White Screen Freezes 2024.0.0.3003

Post by Dryst »

I just got a white screen freeze today after installing latest BETA.

I shared debug logs for this issue, and it continues to happen.
Dryst

Re: Still Getting White Screen Freezes 2024.0.0.3003

Post by Dryst »

A frozen whitescreen just happened again under latest BETA.

I again installed the debug version and have both screenshots and logs captured:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lz6con23 ... r521y&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4zeqllth ... cs81u&dl=0
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
did you also submit the crash/freeze logs?
Is your user ID 'Jamil' or 'G.Bauer' in the submitted logs?
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

This white screen happened right after clicking File|Add/Rescan files in the library. It then scanned for additions and updates, then froze with a white screen. I do not believe I had a chance to send a debug log for this issue. It was completely frozen and hung with no options.

The debug log sent was most likely for some other issue. I have a lot of crashes.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
This is verry possible that bad file causing MM to crash. It would be great if you can create debug log along to fetch last read track and then get it for analyze.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

I have been sending logs nonstop.

It doesn't stop the crashes.

They also continue nonstop.

I even get feedback stating changes were made to prevent whitescreens. When I get more and more whitescreens, I lose hope on MMW5 being stable.

I even installed the debug version to capture a log of another defect I had reported. The developer asked me to launch with all sorts of parameters, and I performed this task along with logging to help fix my reported defect
. Guess what happened instead of the defect? A whitescreen crash. Since I was logging, I shared that. I doubt anything was done to fix it, because I am seeing no improvements on these whitescreen crashes.

Out of curiosity, does my MMW5 license allow me to install MMW4? If that plays music without crashing, I will install and run it.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Dryst wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:45 pm Out of curiosity, does my MMW5 license allow me to install MMW4? If that plays music without crashing, I will install and run it.
They have confirmed here that a MM5 licence also pertains to MM4.
So you are licenced to run it.
Maybe their MM4 installer is not smart enough to recognise that? I suggest you try it.

Sounds very frustrating.
I have not yet installed the 2024 version due to concerns from your experience plus a few other reporting here.

You could try installing a MM5 version which predates the 2024 version stuff.
You were having white screens then?
I saw them a lot before MM5 was released, but very few since then.

You didn't respond to Ludek when he was trying to locate the auto-submitted crash dumps that are coming from you.
Ludek wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:01 am Hi,
did you also submit the crash/freeze logs?
Is your user ID 'Jamil' or 'G.Bauer' in the submitted logs?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Thanks. I will install MMW4 to a different folder and give it a try.

Earlier versions of MMW5 had fewer whitescreens than later versions. They had increased in frequency in later versions.
MGENEGM

Post by MGENEGM »

I too get the white screen frequently. I thought that purchasing the version in lieu of free would prevent it. I still haven't been able to organize my music.

My only solution is a computer restart, even task mgr won't close it. It just happened with add/recan for library. In the past, it happens trying to even play music. I've uninstalled, cleared cookies & reinstalled. Any suggestions?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture crashes like these in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Dryst wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:38 am Thanks. I will install MMW4 to a different folder and give it a try.

Earlier versions of MMW5 had fewer whitescreens than later versions. They had increased in frequency in later versions.
I have MMW4 installed, and I completed a scan of my entire music library. So far, no issues. It is working as expected.

After completing the scan my music library I was prompted to save a TXT file containing a log of all activity. I wonder why this was removed from MMW5. This is quite handy and clever.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

This is still available if the option to Show scan results dialog isn't disabled.
Dryst

Post by Dryst »

Ah -- I see now. The difference is you have to get to it through two different screens in MMW5. For MMW4, it was immediately available in the initial show scan results dialog. There was a single log button you could click right away.

MMW4 is rock solid stable. I have faced zero crashes with all playback. The only thing that does not work for me is Last.fm scrobbling. For MMW5, Last.fm, scrobbling issues were resolved, but it crashes several times a day every day :(