recent issues with the "Artwork:lookup" function/link in MM5 ? [#20666]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Hellscaretaker

Re: Lookup Artwork not working

Post by Hellscaretaker »

i would say if you looking for image then try disogs if you dont get a return from mediamonkey
MiPi

Re: recent issues with the "Artwork:lookup" function/link in MM5 ? [#20666]

Post by MiPi »

Utestit: strange, I tested the same in the last build and it works for me as it should. Could you share with me (in private message here or in MM user ticket) your MM.DB, persistent.json and MediaMonkey.ini files packed in zip/rar/7z? They are in your Portable folder for portable installation, or in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5 for non-portable installation. I will look at it directly. Also tell me what tracks are you test it on, so I can use the same. Thanks.
MusicLoverxXxX

Album art doesn't download anymore

Post by MusicLoverxXxX »

Hi,

Since shortly MMW 5.0.4.2693 doesn't download album art (images of songs) no more..

It's searching, but not finding and displaying anything.

How to fix this ?

Best regards,

Mario.
Lowlander

Re: Album art doesn't download anymore

Post by Lowlander »

Are you referring to Artwork lookup? If so, please see: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... kup-fails/
Villanova27

Post by Villanova27 »

I am also having Album Art issues, so thought I would follow the instructions on the link, but there was no GPUCache to delete. Any other suggestions would be most welcome.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using and did you do a Portable or regular install?
SusicMnob

Post by SusicMnob »

Running on 2024.0.0.3005 and I no longer get any images ...just the spinning circle... :cry:

I have deleted the cache and checked my options...ive tried changing sources etc to no avail....This is a bit frustrating.

Windows 10 Pro. I can reinstall the debug version if needed to try and capture anything you may need.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

@SusicMnob: sometimes you need to delete GPUCache again, as sometimes the problem returns after restart again. We are trying to find some solution, but as it is related to some problem in Chromium, which fails to load Google search site, it is problematic :-/.
SusicMnob

Post by SusicMnob »

MiPi wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:31 am @SusicMnob: sometimes you need to delete GPUCache again, as sometimes the problem returns after restart again. We are trying to find some solution, but as it is related to some problem in Chromium, which fails to load Google search site, it is problematic :-/.
I tested that as well....to no effect... changed the site, close, delete and restart......its dead to me :(

I manually add by googley and pull then drop into folder and search and find...but the auto search had been just fine for the past year plus so i donno... bummer...
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

I see, it seems Google made some changes and artwork search does not work. We are investigating it.
Ranman87

Post by Ranman87 »

Can confirm I started experiencing this yesterday, but I don't have any folder showing a GPUCache. Is there anything else that could be causing this issue?

Currently using 5.0.4.2693.
thunderworm

Post by thunderworm »

Same issue or me. Began about a week ago. I'm able to locate the GPUCache file using Firefox, but can't figure out how to delete content. I get a list of files. When I try using File Explorer, the Temp folder doesn't appear in AppLocal.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

thunderworm wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:07 pmWhen I try using File Explorer, the Temp folder doesn't appear in AppLocal.
See the General tab of MM5's Tools>Options panel.
That is where the temp directory folder location is configured.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ranman87

Post by Ranman87 »

I was able to find the GPUCache folder and delete the contents, but after closing out of MediaMonkey and reopening it, I'm still experiencing the same issue.
RickMM

Re: Lookup Artwork not working

Post by RickMM »

Artwork lookup has stop working again. I did the fix/workaround (just like last time) but it didn't fix the issue this time.