MediaMonkey for Android no longer casts to chromecast audio devices

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

positronic

MediaMonkey for Android no longer casts to chromecast audio devices

Post by positronic »

Issue & Steps to Reproduce:

Casting to chromecast audio devices no longer works.

1. Select cast to button for audio track - note, this brings up available audio devices correctly.
2. Select target audio device - this seems to successfully make connection to the device (audible connection sound is heard).
3. Instead of playing the audio track MMA reports exception "{track_name} format not supported by receiver" and cycles endlessly through all the tracks in the queue reporting the same message for each track. MMA becomes nonresponsive and must be forced to stop.

NOTE: The same issue occurs for MP3 or FLAC formats. Casting to these devices with either format worked in prior version.

Build:

MediaMonkey 2.0.0.1166

List of Known Issues

Scanned current issues. Issue looks somewhat similar to "0020546: MMA fail to cast to newly selected cast device", though this new issue doesn't seem to have anything to do with selecting a new casting device - it simply won't cast to any device.

Error Log ID

Log id MPXVNG26FP
rusty

Re: MediaMonkey for Android no longer casts to chromecast audio devices

Post by rusty »

Thanks for the report. Strangely, it's working correctly for me (in fact, much more stable than in previous builds), but we'll definitely look into this.

-Rusty
martin.bohac

Post by martin.bohac »

There was a regression in build 1166 that has been fixed and will be included in the next build 1167.
Thanks.
Jon Simon

MMW5.1 - Casting to Google speakers no longer works [#20006]

Post by Jon Simon »

For the past few days I have been unable to cast from my Google Pixel 4a 5G to my Google speakers...actually I can cast the first couple of seconds from the playlist but then the player skips through all the files on the playlist without playing.

This happened a few years back too, but resolved itself after a few weeks. Has this been reported by anyone else?
Last edited by Lowlander on Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey »

I just want to mention that casting and switching between speakers generally works for me.
Maybe this is some kind of device specific?

I am using:
Samsung S20 FE, Android 13, MMA 1166
Teufel Motiv Home
Bose Smart Soundbar 900
Nvidia Shield (2015)
Kap1A

Post by Kap1A »

drunknmonkey wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:26 am
I am using:
Samsung S20 FE, Android 13, MMA 1166
Teufel Motiv Home
Bose Smart Soundbar 900
Nvidia Shield (2015)
This is the first time here, I see someone is using a Teufel speaker. So Motive Home works for you? I have some Teufel Speakers but gave up casting as it doesn't really work (see my other postings).
MMA 2.0.0.1173 + MMW5 + Orbsmart S86 pro ( android 9) + Orbsmart remote AM1 pro + Nova-Launcher + Moto E22 (android 12) Teufel One M + Teufel One S + Teufel Supreme On Bluetooth
drunknmonkey

Post by drunknmonkey »

The Motiv Home is one of the latest Teufel speakers. With their new products Teufel is finally switching from Raumfeld technology to pure Chromecast Builtin. So yes, the Motiv Home works like a charm.

By the way, when I decided to get some new multiroom speakers I was testing Bose Smart Speaker 500 which imho is perfect hardware. But when it comes to chromecast streaming this device is a pure nightmare. After a few hours of streaming, music begins to stutter until the speaker freezes no matter what smartphone or music app I used. Bose support only snarkily adviced to turn the speaker off and on again what I already did almost once a day.
rusty

Post by rusty »

positronic & Jon Simon,

fyi, build 1167 which fixes this issue is on a staged beta rollout (since 2 days ago). Can you let us know if it solves the problem for you?

Thanks!

-Rusty
positronic

Post by positronic »

Rusty,

I am trying out MediaMonkey 2.0.0.1167. Right out of the box it seems to be working perfectly.

Thank you for digging into this.