[Bug] Lyrics scroll back to the top when a song reaches 90% played

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Tetrachromacy

[Bug] Lyrics scroll back to the top when a song reaches 90% played

Post by Tetrachromacy »

This is what my MediaMonkey layout looks like: http://imgur.com/BwPMJWF.jpeg

So basically as the title suggests, the lyrics will scroll up during play without any input from me. I've found that it happens mostly when a song is 90% played, but sometimes it can happen before that at a random interval.

It's hard to capture this on a screen recording because it's not reproducible on command; for example, resetting a song to 85% and waiting for it to reach 90% won't necessarily scroll the lyrics back up, even if it just had on the previous play.

As someone who has a lot of progressive, long-form songs (like the one highlighted in the screenshot) this can be irritating as I'm trying to read along to the lyrics and then it randomly scrolls all the way back to the top. Again, this is happening without any inputs (not pressing keyboard, not moving mouse).

I'm on the latest version of MM (5.0.4.2693), Windows 10, songs are on an SSD.

I've read through the changelog for the upcoming version of MediaMonkey and this isn't a known bug, so I'm assuming it's gone under the radar until now.
Lowlander

Re: [Bug] Lyrics scroll back to the top when a song reaches 90% played

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please try with the latest MediaMonkey 5.1 beta to see if this is already fixed for you?
Tetrachromacy

Post by Tetrachromacy »

I downloaded the debug version tonight and listened to a few songs, and it was giving me the same issue. It was also doing the same thing in the "Now Playing" preview tab (where you have the artist name and info scrollable on top of the album art), although I didn't notice this in my original installation of MediaMonkey because I don't have the lyrics displayed on top of the album art.

I notice this bug didn't necessarily always happen at 90% played. Sometimes it happened halfway through the song, sometimes in the first quarter. The whole lyrics panel "blinks" for a split second and then resets to the top. To me, it looks like this is an issue where either the panel or some element of MediaMonkey is "refreshing" itself to a default state intermittently. Hopefully this issue can be addressed.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Is this on Build 3003+? Could you share a screenshot of the Preview setup (showing all enabled items)? I've not been able to reproduce on Build 3005.