Drag and drop, dialog box bigger than screen, Organize files issues

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

kermaco

Drag and drop, dialog box bigger than screen, Organize files issues

Post by kermaco »

Hi, running into issues with MM5 2024.0.0.3003 Beta where:

1 - Drag and drop from Windows 11 doesn't work after the first time, have to close and reopen MM5
2 - Dialog boxes for properties, Add/rescan files opens bigger than my screen and won't resize
3 - Organize files comes up with a blank list in the dialog, even if I have files selected

Thanks, please let me know if you have any questions.
Lowlander

Re: Drag and drop, dialog box bigger than screen, Organize files issues

Post by Lowlander »

1. Where do you D&D to in MM?
2 Can you rename persistent.json to persistent.json.old and start MM. Does the issue persist?
3. is covered here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20691
kermaco

Post by kermaco »

Hi,

Tthanks,

I D&D into the now playing playlist area on the right in MM.

I will try renaming the persistent.json to see if it helps later tonight. I will let you know.

Thanks again!
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

For item 3, the bug tracker reads ...when triggered from playing.

For me it fails no matter where it is trggered from.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
kermaco

Post by kermaco »

Hi Lowlander,

I renamed persistent.json to persistent.json.old and started MM. The issue is still there.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else. I am reverting to 5.1.0.2832 Beta until this issue is resolved.

Thanks
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

The only time drag and drop to "Playing List" fails for me including in this latest beta is if you are in "List" view in the playing window, and you have performed a sort on one of the columns.

In that case it fails from both the main window and from windows file explorer.

I think this is an unacknowledged BUG. See this thread.

https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=105813
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Rob_S wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:17 pm For item 3, the bug tracker reads ...when triggered from playing.

For me it fails no matter where it is trggered from.
Yep, this will be fixed in the next beta.. Workaround is to select the files in filelisting > right-click > Organize file..
kermaco wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:06 am I renamed persistent.json to persistent.json.old and started MM. The issue is still there.

Let me know if you want me to try anything else. I am reverting to 5.1.0.2832 Beta until this issue is resolved.
Are you sure that the issue is now to the latest beta? What is your DPI configuration / acreen resolution? Which skin?
The only time drag and drop to "Playing List" fails for me including in this latest beta is if you are in "List" view in the playing window, and you have performed a sort on one of the columns.

In that case it fails from both the main window and from windows file explorer.
Thanks for noting this, I see the same.. But AFAIK this is intentional, because when Playing list is 'sorted' in onother than playing order then it is unclear which play order should have the dropped track..
Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

Yep, this will be fixed in the next beta.. Workaround is to select the files in filelisting > right-click > Organize file..
This is exactly what is NOT working for me using 3003, when I am in say "All Tracks" window

Strangely enough, it does works from a "Results of a search" window.
kermaco

Post by kermaco »

Ludek, my screen resolution is 4k on all 3 screens. Scale is 150%, The skin is a minor variation of Material Design where I changed the colors. I can send it to you if you think that's the issue.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

kermaco wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:26 pm Ludek, my screen resolution is 4k on all 3 screens. Scale is 150%, The skin is a minor variation of Material Design where I changed the colors. I can send it to you if you think that's the issue.
Curious, and does reverting to 5.1.0.2832 Beta really help?
kermaco

Post by kermaco »

Ludek, yes reverting to5.1.0.2832 Beta resolved the issues, the drag and drop and Organize files both work now.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

kermaco wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:09 am Ludek, yes reverting to5.1.0.2832 Beta resolved the issues, the drag and drop and Organize files both work now.
OK, but I mean the issue 2 - Dialog boxes for properties, Add/rescan files opens bigger than my screen and won't resize
I guess this must be the same regardless the used beta version?
Could you attach a screenshot?
kermaco

Post by kermaco »

Ludek, On issue 2, it would be difficult to attach a screenshot because the dialog box spans 2 of my 3 screens. The window maximizes into one screen and that's my workaround, but if I am in floating window mode, it spans two screens and I can't resize the windows because the resize from the edges does not work.
wjmillerjr

Post by wjmillerjr »

I have MM5 5.0.4.2693 and the left/right resize of the main MM is not functioning. Resizing top and bottom works. I renamed persistent.json and now I am back to the default orange skin and settings but still no left/right resize.