Case checker no longer working [#19939]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Case checker no longer working [#19939]

Post by tbm72 »

In the latest update (5.1.0.2802) the Case Checker function is no longer working and greyed out when I try to access it from Tools>Edit tags. In fact every option in Tools>Edit tags is greyed out.
tbm72

Re: Case checker no longer working

Post by tbm72 »

Actually if I get to it by right clicking a track and then go to Edit tags>Case checker it works OK from there but not from the main menu toolbar.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
check is selection is lost if used from main menu. I can't replicate it works for me in both cases.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Hmm, definitely not working here. I select any number of tracks and go to main menu toolbar and click on Tools>Edit Tags and all options are greyed out and not clickable:

But if I right click them and go to Edit Tags> from the popup dialogue then all the options are available and clickable:

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

tbm72

Re: Case checker no longer working [#19939]

Post by tbm72 »

Seems to happen randomly with some other menu options too. For example I selected a track and went to Tools>Convert Format and that was also greyed out but at some other times it was clickable.

It seems to be more reproducible if you select a track, then click out of MM5 into another program (e.g. go do something in Chrome) then when you go back into MM5 even though the track is still highlighted the Tools>Convert Format is now greyed out. Very random though, sometimes it's OK.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Clicking away seems to consistently reproduce that.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

This issue seems to have come back as a regression in 2819.

To replicate:

1) Navigate to a playlist in the Playlists node
2) In the column filter select an album
3) Highlight all visible tracks from that album
4) Go to Tools>Edit tags - all options are greyed out so you can't select Case checker

If you just do step 1 above and then manually select a bunch of tracks (without using the column filter to narrow down the displayed tracks) you can access the Case Checker OK.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce on 2819, Tools works with those steps. Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?t=86643
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Hmm, I can't seem to replicate it every time but it definitely still does it for me on random occasions. I'm trying to find the exact steps to replicate it but it looks like you have to be doing all the following:

1) using the Album column in the column filter to first choose an album
2) drag select with the mouse over that album's tracks to highlight and select them (don't click cover art to multi select)
3) Go to Tools/Edit tags

In fact when it does happen it's not just the case checker menu option that's greyed out, other menu items are too (Cut/Copy/Paste/Properties etc.)

If it doesn't do it on the first attempt, move to a different album and try the steps above again. I'll see if I can catch a debug log when I have a chance.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I can confirm with those steps, the bug has been re-opened.
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

This bug has come back yet again for me. Just seems to happen at random times, I select some tracks, go to the Tools menu to try and select Edit Tags>Case Checker but it's often greyed out. Not every time but enough to be annoying!

I'm always in List By Album View, don't know what else is consistent in replicating it, I'll try and keep an eye out.

Latest beta: 5.1.0.2832
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Seems to happen under specific circumstances. I'm working on editing skins and it seems to happen every time when I do this sequence:

1) Select a skin (doesn't really matter which one, e.g. Dark Monkey)
2) Go to the Music node (be in List By Album view) and double click any song from an album to start playing
3) While the song is playing switch to another skin (e.g. Material Design)
4) MM5 will close and reopen with the new skin (while song continues to play in background)
5) With the song still playing, click on any other album artwork to select all the tracks in that album
6) In the menu go to Tools>Edit Tags>Case checker but now it will be greyed out