Uninstalling Beta?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

kawika

Uninstalling Beta?

Post by kawika »

I was recently instructed to install the beta build (5.1.0.2829) and have come upon a huge problem with covers not transferring to MMA. At this point, the problem that prompted the suggestion to install the beta is, I believe, resolved. So, I'd like to uninstall the beta and go back to the regular release. However, when I go to uninstall the program in Windows 10, there's no option to uninstall. I also saw no option to uninstall when trying the installer again. How do I uninstall?

Thanks.

Between the multiple tracks of the same songs showing up in MMA, the tagging conflict with Windows 10, and now the covers issues (they either don't appear at all on random albums or the covers, literally, flicker and can't be selected while they're flickering), I just want out and will probably try to find another program for mobile use. Too many bugs and a HUGE conflict with Windows, which apparently can't be solved. I've brought this conflict up twice now and the thread gets dropped without any resolution.
Lowlander

Re: Uninstalling Beta?

Post by Lowlander »

You installed an old beta, please try with the latest beta.

Did you do a Portable Install, if so you can just delete the install folder. Otherwise it should show in Windows uninstall options.
Related: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/

The problem with Windows 10, is a File Explorer problem, not MediaMonkey one. Multiple tracks, it was left at a Support Ticket request, not sure if you did that.
As for the Artwork flickering, does it persist on the latest beta and if so, can you please describe this better.
kawika

Post by kawika »

trying the new beta version now.

Still seeing MMW having issues with some of the cover art. Here's the strange thing: I have the cover art attached to the file, but MMW might be blank for the cover, while MMA shows the artwork. Some of the missing covers from the previous build seem to be showing now, so I'm not sure when that got fixed. That being said, I'm still having wrong artwork appear for individual tracks. For instance, I re-loaded Beauty and the Beat by The Go-Go's, but track 7 was artwork for the first Frehley's Comet album. I also updated, re-scanned, and re-uploaded the Vacation album by The Go-Go's and a few tracks are duplicated while all the entire album has a Shinedown cover for some reason.

I've also had a couple of artists, whose album artist fields I just edited, completely disappear from the album artist listing on MMA. I'm having to edit album by album and, sometimes, track by track, in MMA because of random artwork showing up and duplicate tracks being listed. with almost 54,000 tracks, this has become kind of onerous. I pulled up the Entire Library and re-scanned the drive, but one of the artists isn't appearing in the MMW library for some reason.

Above, you mentioned a problem with Windows 10. Is the tagging problem between MMW and Windows 10 fixed with Windows 11? I'd be open to upgrading to Win11, as I'd like to swap C and D drive designations anyways.
kawika

Post by kawika »

This is a pic of what I'm seeing on MMA
https://ibb.co/DkF5Tv5
kawika

Post by kawika »

and, I just deleted some files from MMA because they had bad covers or had tracks doubled or tripled up. I noticed that What should have been a 30 track re-upload was almost 100. I went back to one of the albums I saw listed in the upload and saw that it was entirely changed from an album by The Answer to a cover by The Black Crowes on each track and the album artwork. I made no changes to that album. I also just checked the album by The Answer in MMW and all the artwork on the tracks is now blank. But, the album artwork is now showing up in MMA after re-uploading the album.
kawika

Post by kawika »

Still having challenges with covers. Sometimes, MMW isn't displaying the covers attached to the files, but the images are showing up in MMA. I'm also sometimes getting the image flicker in MMA. Basically, what's happening is MMA is flashing between the default MM image as if there's no image and the actual cover image. While this is happening, I can't select anything within MMA until the flickering stops.

Also, if possible, I'd like an answer to the question posed about as to whether or not Windows 11 would stop the conflict with the tags within MMW. Would upgrading to Windows help with the data disappearing?

Thanks.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

In MMW, check that you don't have empty Artwork ahead of actual Artwork on the Artwork tab of Properties for files you're not seeing Artwork. If that's not the case, please attach an affected file to a Support Ticket.

In MMA please send a debug log right after the flickering of Artwork and reply here with the logID.