MMA now won't sync with BMW after upgrade to Pro

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

MMhow2

MMA now won't sync with BMW after upgrade to Pro

Post by MMhow2 »

Ahhh Post #87...

Bought MMA Pro several years ago. Had to do a hard reset my phone about a year ago. Could not get the reinstall of Pro to be recognized, so just ran with the free version. After a few months, it was really irking me not having the functions of Pro, so I just paid for it again so I would not have to do any troubleshooting. Fail again.

So now I am wanting to have Pro again, thus I started playing around with my purchase from Google Play and Amazon App store. The Gods that be blessed my work and now Pro is working. BUT now it has disappeared from the BMW Apps interface. Can't catch a break. My first install of Free and Pro magically appeared in the My Apps area of iDrive. This install of Pro won't. It was working with the Free version of MMA just a week ago. No issues and was able to control MMA from my steering wheel and HUD. Now with this install of Pro, poof. Nothing. During this time, there have been no updates to iDrive 8.5.

Ideas?
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
Lowlander

Re: MMA now won't sync with BMW after upgrade to Pro

Post by Lowlander »

You don't actually use the Pro App, it just unlocks the paid features in the regular MMA. Does MMA still show, if so, there is no issue.
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

MMA shows on my phone, no longer in my car.
I am an innocent victim that knows nothing about MediaMonkey. Help me on my path of entertainment joy. :(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

To be clear, MMA itself doesn't show, we're not referring to MMA Pro? Have you tried a reboot of the phone?
BMWGuy91

Post by BMWGuy91 »

He is referring to the app no longer being supported with AndroidAuto.
Is MM still supported with Android Auto?
I work at the dealership and we tried rebooting both the vehicle and phone. MM is no longer appearing on the list of apps supported by MM.
He downloaded it through the Google Play Store and not Amazon.
Any advice?
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

100% tracking MMA Pro is not the app, it is the Pro key. Took it to the BMW dealership today and they went through the infotainment system and found nothing on their end. Android Auto is showing and working with other apps as expected. They did a system reset as well to see if that helped resolve the issue. Nada.

My phone has been restarted several times as boxes were checked and unchecked. BMW stated they have seen this before when there is no longer an agreement between BMW and the app developer. I told them I did not think that would be the case with MM. Bought from this dealership for years, so they don't treat me like the dumb customer who comes in because they can't figure out how to turn the heater on in the new digital dash system.

Is there a way to get the previous release of the stable MMA version to troubleshoot with and see if there could be a new conflict with the iDrive 8.5 and the latest version of MMA?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I just checked and MMA shows on Android Auto. Are you connecting via USB or wirelessly?
MMhow2

Post by MMhow2 »

Wireless
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Have you tried to enable Unknown apps?

1. Open Android Auto on phone.
2. Click hamburger icon at top left -> Settings.
3. Scroll to Version at bottom and tap ~10 times to unlock Developer Mode.
4. Click kebab icon at top right -> Developer settings.
5. Scroll to bottom and enable “Unknown sources”
6. Exit and re-open Android Auto.
7. Try again on BMW
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts