Confirmation moving files in library(or music)/location

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dekozn

Confirmation moving files in library(or music)/location

Post by dekozn »

When I move files via recently used in entire library/location MM5 doesn't ask for confirmation.
It's annoying because it's right above synchronize. Plenty of times I have moved the files instead of syncing them to my device without it being obvious.
Peke

Re: Confirmation moving files in library(or music)/location

Post by Peke »

Hi,
As seen in your Picture it is RECENTLY USED list so if Sync was the last used then it would be first on the list.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
dekozn

Post by dekozn »

It doesn't unless I have to set it somewhere in options but I haven't come across that setting. I just tried it by syncing via usb and 'recently used' still says "move to" not sync to.
I did get an error while syncing because of using usb but that shouldn't matter I guess.
Just didn't want to get the sd card out of my phone.
dekozn

Post by dekozn »

Just tried it again by syncing to a local folder. Didn't get any errors this time and "recently used'' is still "move to folder"
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
They are grouped in Sections.

Try Send to -> Copy to folder c:\temp. First section is always recent Move/Copy, Second Section is recent Sync Where first one is always last one.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
dekozn

Post by dekozn »

Ok but it still doesn't ask for confirmation although I checked all the boxes in the option menu. Even now when I copied the file it didn't ask for confirmation.
So even though now I don't move the files anymore it's still not obvious that I moved/copied instead of syncing.
It's not that big of a deal I just have to pay more attention but it would be nice to be able to set confirmations for moving/copying files.