Debugview preoblomatic and hidden on your website

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

Debugview preoblomatic and hidden on your website

Post by terryo »

I upgraded my hardware and Debugview64 no longer works. The Forum says to reload it but doesn't give the download location. I combed all five main section of your website and used the search function and couldn't find it. Why are simple things like this often difficult in MM?

The bug I found is when editing criteria for an autoplaylist, it jumps out of edit mode. When I try to reenter edit mode it simply jumps into the autoplaylist as it would for a normal playlist edit. The second time I reenter edit mode it goes there and shows the category I entered but the criteria I just entered is not there.

It consistently does this and could easily be replicated if I could get Debug to log what is happening.
terryo

Re: Debugview preoblomatic and hidden on your website

Post by terryo »

By the way. The Autoplaylist edit problem occurred while stacking "Genre does not contain" criteria. I tried stacking them like genres in the collection with semi-colons between genres. That does not work. I didn't try Boolean operators.

Is there an easier way to exclude multiple genres than to stack up multiple separate lines of Genre contains/does not contain...?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's linked in the post near the top of this sub-forum: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

Which Build (Help > About) are you experiencing this with?
terryo

Post by terryo »

MM 5.0.4.2693
terryo

Post by terryo »

I don't chase the Betas. I only change when I receive a notice of a stable version available for upgrade.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Main problem I see for you is that you are trying to use Contain/Not contain string mach search with multiple criteria, which is not possible due the fact Contain is Match String within String typo of criteria and not Match multiple single strings within string. You need to add them one by one or rather use use is/is not criteria not Contain.

Exiting edit mode is fixed in MM 5.1 beta. I guess you already know that you can install Portable version and test all issues without interfering Stable version by simply copy MM5.db?
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
terryo

Post by terryo »

That's not the bug. I discovered MM5 ignores entries like "doesn't contain Comedy; Aircheck" very quickly. I didn't bother to try Boolean because it is uncommon. The "Any / All" was good clue that I had to stack single lines with individual criteria.

I have been entering them one by one (which is tedious) exactly as you suggest.

The bug is exactly as I described it before. When I to enter multiple "doesn't contain..." the dialogue closes without accepting my entered criteria. It takes opening edit autoplaylist twice to get back to where I can enter the criteria.

It has never happened on a single line. It is only when I start to enter the second or third of them one-by-one.

Is DebugView still available for 5.0.4.2693? I can send the file if I can generate a log. The bug dependably appears.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Yes, debug logs can be created with any version of MM5, only thing you need to use is Debug installation of MM.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
terryo

Re: Debugview problematic and hidden on your website

Post by terryo »

I downloaded 2693 debug version and, as I suspected, I had already installed the debug version, which is my usual practice.

Debugview does not record anything when I am setting up or editing an autoplaylist. It just sits there, which is why I thought it had failed.

The bug I described is still there as it happened three time while editing two autoplaylists. I can send the debug file, if it is of any use.

I am trying to use autoplaylist heavily now as I switched my wife's new computer to using my backup Synology RAID for her access to our music files.

Creating autoplaylists will save a lot of time as it only requires I update her database to the RAID array. It will be much easier than constantly transferring playlists from my computer to hers, a process that is exceedingly tedious because of the multiple steps of create/transfer/change path... MM playlists might be powerful for more users if they weren't so awkward to use across multiple machines.

I also have a computer in my electronics workshop that will be configured the same way as my wife's when I work out the bugs.
terryo

Post by terryo »

Here's the debug file in image form:

https://i.postimg.cc/4dgCwHxv/24-0201-M ... st-bug.jpg
Barry4679

Re: Debugview problematic and hidden on your website

Post by Barry4679 »

terryo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:34 am Debugview does not record anything when I am setting up or editing an autoplaylist. It just sits there, which is why I thought it had failed.
You said that you were using the 64bit version of dbgview.
May this is irrelevant or incorrect, but I have always used the 32 bit version because MM5 itself is stuck in the back in the 32bit world.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.