Now Playing sorted with Track# but playing tracks based on # column order and not Track#

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Peke

Re: Now Playing sorted with Track# but playing tracks based on # column order and not Track#

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Rob_S wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:55 am I do have another idea which might simplify the solution. That would be to have it so that ALL changes to the order in "Now Playing" including sort by column header automatically become the saved order - possibly optional setting. (You could still have the option to revert, as has been discussed frequently before.)
That would break my normal playback as I love to play/create simple playlists, every often (sometimes several times a minute) I sort for Artist when I want to check if I added specific track from playing artist or to see what other tracks I added by playing artist. I only need to sort tracks to see other Artists tracks and would be utterly undesirable to be permanent as it would destroy hundreds of carefully ordered tracks. So like you with opposite (not auto saving order) this would make MM Now playing and MM as player completely useless for me as I want to listen exact playback order while organizing and adding new tracks in Now Playing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Rob_S

Re: Now Playing sorted with Track# but playing tracks based on # column order and not Track#

Post by Rob_S »

So how and where do you insert new tracks when drag and drop is blocked after the artist column sort?

With my idea, you could still use undo, to revert a column sort back to original, could you not? It would only become permanent if you run out of undo levels, or if you drag in a new track while in artist order.
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks
Peke

Post by Peke »

Rob_S wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:55 pm So how and where do you insert new tracks when drag and drop is blocked after the artist column sort?
Like you I use Main track browser and I have set double Click to Add Next/Last so I just double click and track gets added.

Sometimes I use Play selected only so that way it adds last and starts playback.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts