MM2 Android Playlists [#20399]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

Linkinsoldier

MM2 Android Playlists [#20399]

Post by Linkinsoldier »

Hi,

I used to be able to sync my library with MMA with my PC and the use Poweramp to listen to the music plus use the playlists synced with MMA.

Now with MMA2 I can't access the playlists or even find them anywhere but in MMA (there they work fine and are listed as expected). Can you tell me where they are stored?

Thank you,
Stefan
rusty

Re: MM2 Android Playlists

Post by rusty »

Thanks! Looking into this at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20399

-Rusty
rusty

Re: MM2 Android Playlists [#20399]

Post by rusty »

So it seems that if a /Playlists directory exists and if access has been granted to that directory (upon being prompted at runtime), then when doing a WiFi Sync, MMA will copy .m3u files to the directory and other apps should be able to use them. But if either of these conditions haven't been met, then the playlists will only be saved to the private storage used by MMA.

Can you confirm whether a /Playlists directory exists on your device in the storage location to which you're syncing?

-Rusty
Linkinsoldier

Post by Linkinsoldier »

Thank you Rusty.

I can confirm the playlist folder does not exist. Do you want me to create it or wait for a Bugfix?

If yes: shall this be created in the mediamonkey folder (same level es files) or on the same level as the mediamonkey folder? Both don't exist 8)

EDIT: I could not wait but created the /Playlists Folder (in "sd card" root) and after opening MMA2 and granting the permissions (were detected automatically!) the playlists were created by there own and i could access them with other apps (e.g. Poweramp).

Funny enough i currently have another bug: When I tried to sync a new album afterwards it is now stuck on "updating storage - moving content from application folder". I hope this fixes itself over time.

Edit2: I canceled it and did an additional sync. Worked without issues!
jasperdelight

Post by jasperdelight »

Just a quick thank you, as I've been trying to decide if I like MMA, and getting playlists to sync with PowerAmp is a requirement; I've been losing my mind trying to get this to work, and manually creating the Playlists folder and resyncing solved the problem.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Glad this has worked out. We're probably not going to be able to fix this anytime soon sync the limitation is due to Android's permission model and the fact that MMA currently doesn't request unlimited permissions.

Details at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=20399

-Rusty
Linkinsoldier

Post by Linkinsoldier »

Thanks for the headsup.

Stupid question, but can't you do an

if not exists (\Playlists) then create \Mediamonkey\Playlists and sync them to this folder instead?

For me it now works perfectly fine, but i dont see why you can only use the /Playlists Folder to do playlists :)
rusty

Post by rusty »

That's kind of what happens:
...if a /Playlists directory exists and if access has been granted to that directory (upon being prompted at runtime), then when doing a WiFi Sync, MMA will copy .m3u files to the directory and other apps should be able to use them. But if either of these conditions haven't been met, then the playlists will only be saved to the private storage used by MMA.
-Rusty