Similarly named video files get the same Artwork slapped on

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

BunnyGandhi

Similarly named video files get the same Artwork slapped on

Post by BunnyGandhi »

Heya

Just started using MM4(.1.31.1919) and am generally really really happy with it.
Losing it a bit concerning Artwork, though.

-----------

When I have numbered Video Files in a Folder, MediaMonkey does not generate an individual Thumbnail for each Video but will instead use the same one on all of the Files. This is mega irritating to me.

Example:
Folder: "Baseball"
Files: "baseball (1).mp4", "baseball (2).mp4", "baseball (3).mp4"

Mediamonkey will scan "baseball (1).mp4", generate a Thumbnail and slap that same Thumbnail on "baseball (2).mp4" and "baseball (3).mp4" even if the only thing these Clips have in common is the Fact that they're from Baseball Games. The Videos look fundamentally different. [aka there are no Frames that look alike. Baseball is just an Example - they're not all Videos consisting of showing a Baseball field 90% of the time...]

I would really like for MediaMonkey to actually generate an individual Thumbnail for each Video, the same way it does for all other files.

------------

This happens whether or not there is Artwork in the Folder.

For other Videos it doesn't matter if they're in the same Folder or whether or not there is Artwork in the Folder. As long as the Titles of the Videos aren't similar, each one gets their own Thumbnail.

Is there a Fix for this other than coming up with original Titles for Videos with similar Topics?
Peke

Re: Similarly named video files get the same Artwork slapped on

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I am unable to replicate.
Here is what I have done. I Created bunch of folders and into each one I copied few video files, named them "baseball.mp4" and also put them in same folder and named them "basketball (xx).mp4" each file had own thumbnail.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
BunnyGandhi

Post by BunnyGandhi »

Peke wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:20 pm Hi,
I am unable to replicate.
Here is what I have done. I Created bunch of folders and into each one I copied few video files, named them "baseball.mp4" and also put them in same folder and named them "basketball (xx).mp4" each file had own thumbnail.
That's really odd. I had deleted and rebuilt the database and got the same result.

I have since then (I was in a bit of a finding phase) upgraded to MM5, though and it's not happening there at all. I don't think I'm going to downgrade again for bug hunting. If it's not an issue for others I guess it's not an issue at all now, then.

Thank you for looking into it anyway.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
BunnyGandhi wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:18 am I have since then (I was in a bit of a finding phase) upgraded to MM5, though and it's not happening there at all.
Thank you for confirming that upgrade to MM5 fixed the problem for you. Wisdom say, do not tempt something taht works for you.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts