Signed up for Beta but nothing installed

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey for Android and learn about the newest beta build.

Moderator: Gurus

jaroclay

Signed up for Beta but nothing installed

Post by jaroclay »

This morning, I signed up for the MMA Beta program on the Google Playstore. After doing so, I went back to the Playstore and it said I had an update for MMA but after the update it shows I have the same version I had before - stable v1.4.5.0960 (2021).

Did I do something wrong? I had the stable version installed already (pro version). Perplexed that MMA has not been updated for almost a year per the date on the Playstore (10/25/21). Is there a list I need to get on to allow this to work?

Thank you and my apologies if this has been asked/answered. I did a search but did not find anything related to this issue.
Lowlander

Re: Signed up for Beta but nothing installed

Post by Lowlander »

The current development work is done on MMA 2.0, but that's not yet ready for beta release.
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Lowlander wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:07 pm The current development work is done on MMA 2.0, but that's not yet ready for beta release.
Thank you for the update, Lowlander. I saw the MMA 2.0 was being worked on but was unaware is was not ready for beta testing. I am signed up so when it is, I guess the PlayStore will let me know. :)
moai

Post by moai »

Is there any update on this? I was directed to the MMA beta in an attempt to resolve longstanding inability to sync. Nothing is updating on my phone. Is there any way to actually get the beta, or some way to get sync to work?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Sometimes you need to restart the phone so that Google Play store picks that you registered for MMA beta. You can check state by going to MMA page where you will see that you applied for beta program.

Note that MMA2 works on Android 6+
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts