Finally switching from iTunes, a couple questions

Get answers about the current version of MediaMonkey 5

Moderator: Gurus

greycobalt

Finally switching from iTunes, a couple questions

Post by greycobalt »

I've been using iTunes to manage my music library since it came out (even though I'm a PC/Android person :roll: ). I'm finally sick of it and have been looking for an alternative, and I've switched to MediaMonkey. There are a few things I have questions about - and I'm sure more will present themselves down the road.

1) Is a "recently added" part of the column I'm missing? I know I could just sort by Date Added in the main library, but I'd kind of like to have both.

2) Are there any highly recommended addons? I've done a quick perusal and a lot of them look pretty neat.

3) When I add new files, does MM automatically sort/organize like iTunes did or do I need to do that manually?
Peke

Re: Finally switching from iTunes, a couple questions

Post by Peke »

Hi,
1. Recently added are Playlists that MM creates if you enable it in options, you can also create yours based on Date added and other criteria.

2) 3D album is useful if you used iTunes album listing

3) No, but you can setup MM to do that in Options. I personally do not recommend it on global level, but it is useful for small set of files. Manual Organize is better especially as you have Files to Edit Tree nodes to help you narrow those you need to organize.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts